Thread: fastest death EVER with ADOM 1.2.0 pre20

Default fastest death EVER with ADOM 1.2.0 pre20

My fastest death EVER with ADOM 1.2.0 pre20 I had with a
    Raven female mist Elf Mindcrafter Medulla
    Talents Tough, Aggressive, Quick

The weather is mild and comfortable. A slight wind is blowing. A road. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. Your skin is destroyed by the touch of impure metal. You die...

How did that happen?

I wanted to wear those two rings of stun resistance,
    didn't look at the message and when I was in wilderness it was too late...

I wonder whether it really should be part of the game that nice mist elf ladies cannot even wear those 2 little rings that they have with them...

I think mist elves should not get any starting items made of iron (or maybe just a single ring as it's not harmful), it's already a case with archers for example that start with mithril. Stands to reason other classes should be similarly affected. I'd suggest making an RFE about this, it's bound to receive a lot of attention.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

My fastest death didn't even make it to Terinyo. Got bandited about 4 squares into the wilderness :-(

It used to be possible to die without taking a single turn if you were a very low HP character rolled on a Monday.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMum View Post
    ... Got bandited about 4 squares into the wilderness :-(
    at least You saw some enemies

A nice solution for the ring problem for mist elves would be, if (nearly) all magical rings were of higher metal - but I don't know whether that would break something else...

Are mist elves meant to have both bad prices in shops AND wear no rings?

You can use one iron ring as a mist elf, without taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMum View Post
    My fastest death didn't even make it to Terinyo. Got bandited about 4 squares into the wilderness :-(
    I thought the road leading to Terinyo was free of random encounters, at least I never had any.
    "And light there be!"