Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naming Conventions

Default Naming Conventions

How does everyone name their characters?

For humans I use my friends names. It's fun to tell them that they got killed by a goblin rock thrower or a gelatinous cube.

For other races I look at the keyboard and look for letters that I associate with that race like for an orc it might be Gr'thrakk or for a dwarf it might be Browdin.

How do you do it?

I always call them 'hive'
    I never won a Adom game...

My characters are always named Travis (yay adom.cfg)
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

Every forum nick, every email adress, every character name in any game is... sztosz Hey, check out google... it's all about me

I use my name...Peter
    "You hear the sound of rushing water."
    If this makes you think of adom, you play it too much.

<Race> <Class> and then later <first monster kill> and then even later I'll put dungeon locations I want to remember in. "d3pc4dd2" for example to describe Altar locations or equipment stashes. I hope JADE gets a "notepad" function becuase I love taking notes, but I hate running notepad in the background.

That's so interesting that everyone uses the same name. I almost *never* use the same name more than once. Every once in a while when i don't have a new name to come up with, but my High Scores are filled with random names for my questers. It always helps me remember individual highlights.

I use an adjective that describes my perception of the character, like strong, or learned.

It varies. I used to use the atomic names, Hydrogen, Helium, ... But now that I've started learning Chinese I use Chinese words. It looked embarrasing on the HOF when I had a win with a char called "Dougy" or "Mugger."

It funny to name the pets in honour of known characters. For example, the ghost lord (from scroll of familiar summoning) was named Casper, the peaceful wild cat - Leopold, etc.