Thread: Tutorial mode suggestions

Default Tutorial mode suggestions

I just played through the VD and PC in tutorial mode. Overall, it's very good and the instructions are clear. I think the hints cover all the most important game commands, with the exception of the suggestions below.

Here are my suggestions:

1. The very first hint window should start with instructions to use arrow keys to scroll and spacebar to clear the window.
    2. The first time the PC is wounded, a hint window should explain how to use first aid.
    3. The first time the PC is poisoned, a hint window should suggest using first aid every time you take poison damage.
    4. The first time the PC is adjacent to a dark square, a hint window should explain how torches are used.

Finally, for some reason my human fighter found six spellbooks in the first two dungeons. It's not beyond the bounds of reason but it's startling--by any chance does tutorial mode change the drop rates?

Thanks, the hints have all been added. I think you got lucky with the spellbooks, the tutorial mode does not alter the drop rates (or anything else).
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

I just played in the tutorial mode for the first time, out of curiosity. I went through the tutorial dungeon, popped into Terinyo to get a couple of quests, then went through the SMC to the UD, and let myself die to a large orc. I was impressed with the way the hints pop up when relevant, and the information they give you. I particularly liked the hint when entering the SMC!

Just one point: I didn't get any hints when I picked up the bow in the tutorial dungeon, or when I equipped it. The first time I got the hint about ranged attacks was in the SMC, when I hit "t" to fire the bow - that's when the hint window popped up. It would be useful to get this information once the bow was either picked up or equipped.