Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about your latest death.

Default Tell us about your latest death.

My last death was a level 18 hurtling merchant who was lucky enough to find Kinslayer but dumb enough to think she could toe to toe with lich kings. Digging around in some graves for great treasure she unearthed and killed two lich kings but when she unearthed the third it hit her and chained its paralyzing attack on her until she was dead.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

"I have had this great cloak of invisibility since the puppy cave. I'm sure I can just take a peek at the Dwarven Halls and get out before anything too bad happens..."

One of the most amusing of my yesterday ones it was when I experimented with dark elven rangers, so my DE Ranger with like the worst possible roll for To went to SMC, found there an orcish spear and a tower shield which I didn't pick because I wanted to play like a real follower of Drizzt Do'Urden (except I probably couldn't tame an analogue of Guenhwyvar unless I spent a wish for Music... actually it's an idea for some future character) dual-wielding swords, several minutes and levels later my ranger picked the blanket and rushed to the downstairs (I usually play safer and don't dive UD ASAP... it seems too risky for rather little benefits except several saved days), so 10 hp... 3 hp... some nasty monster follows me and hit again... 1 hp... two more rooms to pass.. I manage to outrun it 1 tile eventually.. saved! UD went fine till some of the later floors, right next to the stairs room there was a huge tension room of ghosts. Man, that was a fight. No shield, low PV, low HP, dual-wield, semi-crowded, you are aging, you are aging, you are aging, you are aging, you are healed by the black light, you are aging, you are aging... I killed them all at the cost of losing 250(!) years of my youth. SMC had yet another monster which I couldn't win, a ratling warlord IIRC, I fled past him and went to CoC. Some of early floors had an ogre magi... At that moment I realized that with that kind of luck my character won't last long. I killed the ogre somehow and soon after I met a lightning vortex. I had like ~80 max hp so I thought I was already dead but it took just like 40 and here yet another ghost appeared (probably wanting to revenge his slaughtered brethren from UD) and my ranger died a typical death of ranger - you miss you miss a ghost critically hits you a ghost hits you you die...

I had a DE paladin precrowned with Vanquisher. I'm all cocky and attacking things I normally would not simply because vanq is a one-hitter at this stage of the game.
    Enter TotHK to get the platinum ring - skeletal king crits me twice through meager 18 PV and 5 DV (berserking with a two-hander will do that to you), I'm bleeding and stunned, 5 HP left and then realize that converting an altar two levels back has brought me down from L to N+ and I have no prayers...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Somehow a mist elf was dumb enough to go scrounging about a small, dark cave in search of a simple blanket, and got mauled by the local wildlife, ending a 15,000 year existence.

Trying to pass Dwarven Halls with lvl 18 DE Barbarian. DH"...*THUMP* *THUMP*.... Choosing wrong corridor and met titan....

Closed the gate...tried to experiment with library....doppelganger king killed a drakeling barbarian with 1000 hp in 1 go from full hp....ok 850 hp

somehow that seems sad....live 15000 years to be killed by some lowlife wildlife!!

I had a great Dwarf Pally going. More spells and useful artifacts than I have ever had on a character and had already received two wished. Just a masterful character and all this before the water temple. Probably two levels north of the temple I ran into a king doppelganger and he peeled my in a single blow. I don't know that I have ever had a run in with one before, but I'll certainly remember this in the future.

Had great GE Barbarian going, lvl 16, with ankh, AMV, Cats Claw ( :P ), Protector (!) and Vanquisher (found altar in PC:5, that's why).

Somehow switching place with citizen of Dwarftown made him and then town hostile. Was killed by Waldenbrok who managed to get in one-hit-critical-kill.

Really hate this new "feature" that auto-swap-position can make neutral hostile.