Thread: About resting

Default About resting

Hello

Is there a way to rest multiple turns without having to click on the rest key a very lot of time (or holding it and so die from not releasing it fast enough if a creature show up) ?

If you haven't already, you should cozy up with the 'w' key! If you press 'w' and then '5', you should wait approx. 20 turns, or until something hostile comes into view. I think it is 20 turns by default and modifiable in a config file somewhere, but I can't remember how to change it. In your case, you'd want to keep tapping 'w' and '5' to safely regen health. It won't let you wait if there is danger afoot.

Additionally, 'w' followed by a direction (such as 'w' '8') will auto-walk you in that direction, again stopping if you walk over a trap, find an item, or sight a hostile. Very very nifty for reducing monotonous travel time. Try it out!

Thank you, i knew about the w then a direction for the walk mode, but i didn't knew that it could help with rest with w 5
    After quickly testing, it's very good and the interrupt when there's a monster makes this really useful.
    Last edited by Fizanko; 06-12-2014 at 11:56 PM.

w s will also let you search in place until you find something (secret door) or until something comes along as well.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

W5 is also nice when waiting for herbs to grow as their growth will interrupt it as well.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."