Thread: the unluckiest character ever?

Default the unluckiest character ever?

I rolled a character just now got sword starsign so decided to play barbarian. go do the smc retrieve wp blanket and descend to ud at lvl 6. get vaults at 2 and 3...i decide to try to kill only first few that saw me in hopes i generate an altar (my usual strategy!!) neways find an altar at ud4 BUT it is seperated from the stairs by a beehive. hmmmmmm....i just need to get -pois and easy crowning. go down and there is a snake which ofc poisons me BUT there is a cave fisher so i kill him and he drops a corpse. yippe!! i eat it and....more poison zzzz. have to use my 1st prayer though poison wears off but low hp. neways get 4 more spiders but no corpse even though food pres is at 70+
    leave after trying to scum for a spider factory only to need to use my last prayer low hp no satiation.
    get 2 (not 1 but 2) stone giants hostile ofc on hmv who i fortunately kill by scaring them after my 1st true berserk mighty blow. luckily stonegiantlord is neutral phew!!
    go to main cave and at d5 or d6 dont remeber there is big room...no trouble clearing it.
    NOW COMES THE SADNESS
    the level next to sis level i get a closed room so decide to regen my hp since i have good food stock when a blink dog tps next to me. a little scumming later i get a bd corpse @ 2nd bd killed!!
    go back down and im now full hp (but no prayers remeber)
    i have felt excited and there is a tension room
    i know where this is going.....this has happened more times to me than i can count but....mayb im being paranoid..neways i walk carefully and open the door...tension room is a mimic room
    i had a golden amulet which i wore and ate a ghul corspe but got paralysed so i knew i didnt have aofa
    the mimic room separates me and the dwonstairs. I AM ABOUT TO TURN BACK AND TRY TO GET CROWNED when i step on a tp trap....hmmmmmm
    is god sending me a signal?
    should i tp to a random location and go down? after all just a couple of moves back i got tp control!!!
    i decide to try to tp to a random location on the map and i tp...........
    in between 3 gelatinous cubes 5 green slimes.
    easiest shift-Q of my life!!!!
    Last edited by divij; 06-27-2014 at 08:16 PM.

You weren't that unlucky... you didn't die.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

You could've tried to do some improvised alchemy or blow a fireball wand at yourself - something like that maybe.
    And at least always try a potion or scroll, might be darkness or invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    You could've tried to do some improvised alchemy or blow a fireball wand at yourself - something like that maybe.
    And at least always try a potion or scroll, might be darkness or invisibility.
    yeah i couldve tried !s & ?S but i was really annoyed with my life choices so i did the only healthy thing to do..kill myself

Haha, great story OP. It's like real life, you can see great opportunity all around you, but can't quite get it, keep getting shit luck and screwed over until you finally get the last straw and say "Fuck it all!"

Gelatinous cubes and green slimes aren't that bad. And even mimics, yeah, they can easily kill you - but you could have tried.

Paralyzation and weapon corrosion aren't that bad? From the spot he was in, I'd say they were bad enough.

Green slimes don't corrode weapons.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yeah greens cause sickness. Unlucky would be to have been paralysed while you died of feverish fits