Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Creator's Day 2014: Three Challenges

Lucky the Female Human Merchant, specializing in Scrolls (I forgot to check her class before assigning talents - not used to rolling random class)
    Sir Veza, the Alcoholic Cup-born(heh) Orc Paladin. (I wish I could take credit for the name, but I can't)
    Ssssuicidal, the Male Drakish Assassin who has a contract on the Ice Queen. (that's at least 2 assassins after her now)

One of the characters I rolled is a high elven duelist for the booze challenge (1.2.0 prerelease 20). I started with a nice [+0,+5] elven chainmail. After killing lots of hostile stuff in Lawenilothehl, I got my booze and drank it. Since I don't have herbalism, I started the Keethrax quest, went to the very bottom to generate Keethrax, then started exploring the rest of the levels.
    ----------
    You spend some time with Skriek, the cloaked ratling, who seems to enjoy your company. The sky is now very clear. The sun burns down on you.
    You talk to Skriek, the cloaked ratling.
    "Yer alternatives are locked, wisehead!" Skriek, the cloaked ratling, misses you. Skriek, the cloaked ratling, misses you. Skriek, the cloaked ratling punches through your armor and hits you.

I wrote a detailed description of my turn as Tormoud, but the board logged me out as I played my turn and it got eaten when I tried to submit it.

Here are the highlights.
    gave the tiny girl her dead puppy
    Headed for Caverns of Chaos
    D:3 and D:5 both support herbs, but only manage one stable patch on D:5 (moss and morgia)
    D:6 has a river that must be crossed to get between staircases
    Killed another cat on D:7
    Sense Imminent danger on D:8 and D:10. D:8 danger might have been the quickling I killed (who left no corpse but did drop a scroll labeled 'Yik Mech'Shegoth' [possible scroll of cure corruption]). D:10 danger appears to have been an overleveled lightning lizard who tore me up. I had to pray to heal. He left a corpse which I blessed and ate (we now have shock resistance and possible shock immunity)
    Big room has a karmic lizard and one stabilized patch of herbs
    D:10 has a beehive which I kick to death and recieve 1 lump of wax and 1 lump of Gelee Royal
    Thrundarr asked me to kill a Troll. I killed it but havent talked to him (we are right on the borderline where I'm not sure if we'll get potion of Literacy or not)
    Sold some loot, and on my last turn equipped a crystal Scale Mail which I had identified by sell price as not cursed. Our previous armor was chain mail (-1, -3) [-3, +5] weighing 400s. New armor is Crystal Scale Mail (-1, -3) [-1, +12] at 620s. A modest increase in weight in exchainge for better DV and huge PV. And it is the second crystal item to be equipped at the end of a player's turn (Tormoud loves crystal). Also, it doesn't have to be equipped every time we cross the river on D:6 to avoid rust.

I think that's everything.

edit: still carrying the red spear, but have been using a blessed adamantium Warhammer (2d3+7)
    Also, found an alabaster statue of a kobold in a defensive stance holding a spear. Tried re-equipping the red spear and using defensive tactics when I kicked it. "You feel weak and overpowered". I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good (don't think we lost a point of strength, but I wouldn't swear to it)
    Last edited by Phoobnahr; 07-03-2014 at 07:11 AM.

You guys might want to drop a notice here about oncoming play seeing it's on the server and join the irc channel. More participation and more fun this way.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I'd like to play tonight (in five or six hours), if the char isn't claimed by then. Gonna be on irc, too.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Default Jit the Female Troll Chaos Knight

Jit - Chaos Knight

First Kill = Bandit
    Quickly entered UD stairs close in SMC
    forge and tension room on UD1 - tension room uncleared tele refused to allow us near it(upper right corner of the map)
    picked up a Mithril Halbred quickly swapping out with our large hammer
    UD2 unremarkable
    UD3 is a herb lvl saw a bdog but was unable to get it to summon and lost track of it
    UD4-5 uneventful
    UD6-rat tension room got adam scimitar and mithril chain mail
    also an herb lvl patch stabalized in the lower middle of the map
    nothing too great in HMV was able to get a centipede corpse from the prison so have -pois
    shop had Blue dragon hide gloves was able to purchase.

headed to CoC
    D1 had tension room ignored for now to try and get as deep as possible before turn count ended
    arena on d3
    died to sickness from stupidly eatting a kobald

Sooo, I'll continue with Tormoud now :-)

And here's the events of my turns:

Sell some stuff
    Forget that wie are chaotic and try to status ID some stuff on the dwarftown altar
    Forget that the first quest was already done and get us a potion of literacy… great start! At least literacy 77 is nice.
    Red pool on D12
    Forge on D13
    Nasty fireball trap on D14, down to 33 HP
    Reach level 12 and take Tough Skin, since we already had Hardy
    D14 is blocked by a river, stairs to the dwarven halls on our side of the river
    No close downstairs on DH1, since I’m still quite injured from a heavy poisoning (no resistance?), I retreat for the moment.
    Use-id some scrolls… monster detection shows lesser Ogre/Troll vault on the other side of the river on D14… detect item will help us to get the wand of teleportation… uncursing is wasted… power…. and then a blessed scroll of identify! That’s what I was hoping for!
    Nice stuff that we have: Amulet of petrification resistance, battleaxe of mayhem, waterproof blanket, ring of the clear mind, some very nice potions
    However, that’s not enough to try the dwarven halls, so I will retreat and scout the higher CoC levels
    Convert to N back in dwarftown
    One quick walk through the big room gives bracers of resistance. Nice! Also I drink a potion of inside… so far only intrinsic resistance to fire and shock
    Find a spellbook of hellish flames, read it once for some few castings.
    Kill the ants on D1 and eat a corpse for –acid
    Drop amulet of light, red spear, climbing set, two potions of confusion, potion of poison, scroll of increase melee damage, scroll of defence, spellbook of hellish flames next to the upstairs on D1… save that for later/tower
    Start the courage quest (11 goblin rockthrowers killed right now)
    Clear halve of the top Griffyard level.

The next player might definitely clear the rest and I think that our hero is strong enough for the bottom level, too. Also we could use the ring of the fish to get to the water dragon cave and the pyramid is also opened, so lots of options ;-)
    Last edited by GordonOverkill; 07-03-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Will play Tormoud in 90 minutes and be online on IRC, so stay tuned! If anyone else wants to play, I'll let you do so.

Edit: Starting right now!

And here's the report:

First off, finished the top level of the dwarven graveyard.
    Went to pyramid to get pickaxe, managed to get and eat a spectre corpse to increase toughness.
    Went to DDL, where I took out a beehive. There was a statue, but I left it alone and didn’t even walk on it. Proceeded to VDDL, where the scroll of item detection revealed that the wand of teleportation was on the bottom right corner. Got it easily with the pickaxe. A pool also lied within the VDDL.
    Decided to return to CoC to build up a bit of piety for emergency prayers. Sacced enough to bring it up to very pleased level, then paid 1500 gold for garth to train learning. Also removed rust from gauntlets and boots using glod.
    Read blessed scroll of identify, blessed and drank 2 potions of potential willpower for later ease of herb training.
    Went down to D:14 or the river level, found an ogre lesser vault and cleared it.
    I then went down to animated forest and to the next level, which contained khelly. Left him alone for now.
    Also happened to find a potion of longevity, which I immediately blessed and drank.
    On the way back up, I happened to kill a troll and pick up a phase dagger, which will be REALLY useful later on.
    Later got third dwarven quest and went to ogre cave.

The next guy should finish the ogre cave, do the arena quest, tackle the pyramid, and finish the graveyard in that order. Don't forget to preserve the ogre corpses for later, since we are now bloated. Good luck to the next claimer!
    Last edited by kapak44; 07-04-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Starting a round as Tormoud now...

Started in Ogre Cave, finished them off and sold some stuff in Dwarftown.
    Used a potion of Holy Water to equip our spiffy new crystal tower shield, which came cursed
    Did Arena Quest (killed another cat)
    Ate two spiders and got double poison resistance.
    headed to the surface and read one of the books stashed in Barbarian Glade (divine Key), other remains unidentified.
    Did the Pyramid. Equip ID'd Ancient Mummy wrapping so the next player wouldn't miss it... it was cursed (of course)
    Headed for the Griffyard and killed them up, dug up the sword and equip ID'd it so the next player wouldn't miss it... it was cursed (of course)
    got sword and Elemental Gauntlets and headed to the surface.
    Equipped our helm of water breathing and located The Water cave (didn't go in).
    I didn't know bracers of resistance could rust, so they rusted.
    I actually overplayed by 250 turns so I could get back to Dwarftown and remove the rust (my shame is endless, but I'd feel worse if I'd cost us the bracers)

Next player needs to trade in the golden gladius to Bart (which I forgot to do), and get Thrundarr's reward for Griff Quest.
    and then... On to the Water temple it looks like (bye bye Khelly)
    Last edited by Phoobnahr; 07-04-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Default Think before you wield

Here's the update on Hwevtin, the high elven duelist.
    -5178 turns have passed so far
    -I forgot to mention he is Raven-born!!!
    -got poison resistance from a large spider
    -got stuck with a cursed mithril-shod quarterstaff, retreated to find someway to get rid of it (Keethrax is about 10 steps directly east of staircase on DD:7)
    -identified scroll of identify
    -found neutral altar on DD:2 (I'm lawful)

If anyone wants to pick this up, feel free. I'll be gone traveling until Monday. Just remember it's prerelease 20. Sorry about the sticky situation though =/ I never checked the shop in Lawenilothehl, maybe it has an uncursing scroll or holy water or something.

Also, this is the booze challenge, so every potion of booze must be drunk =D I reckon that means if you see one in a shop, you HAVE to buy it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ----------
    You spend some time with Skriek, the cloaked ratling, who seems to enjoy your company. The sky is now very clear. The sun burns down on you.
    You talk to Skriek, the cloaked ratling.
    "Yer alternatives are locked, wisehead!" Skriek, the cloaked ratling, misses you. Skriek, the cloaked ratling, misses you. Skriek, the cloaked ratling punches through your armor and hits you.