Thread: forgot to get my uselessness

Default forgot to get my uselessness

so I'm idiotish, doing my Ultra ending, but forgot to do the Uselessness trick, already near chaos gate.

Is it too late to go up and get it, and come back down?
    I'm also a drakling, so I'll get my speed hit for a while if I do

i wasn't aware that a potion of uselessness on D:49 was necessary for ultra endings... didn't think it was, just a bonus artifact at the very end of the game when you probably no longer need it.

but as long as you haven't fed the orbs to the altars in D:48 you can always go back... whether that's worth it or not is up to you.

once i found !ofuselessness @ d50 after not finding it the whole game...went to d49 and threw it but my ingenuity wasnt rewarded..dont know if this is a bug or a feature!!

Did you actually move?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yes you can return and throw it. As Jelly pointed out, throwing it has to actually move you to get the artifact.
    I once played the whole game without finding a single potion of uselessness and then got a wand of wishing on D:50.
    I wished for the potion, ascended to D:49, "found a use for that petty item" and resumed clearing D:50 with Bracers of War since that was the reward.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Thanks for the advice - went up, threw it, got Far Slayer as my uselessness, and was helpful in taking down aNdOr DrAkEn.

ahhh so thats the issue...i must have thrown it right and didnt move cause stairs are to the leftmost so mayb thats why i dint recieve my reward...nevermind that was a gimmick neways at that point cause my character was overpowered!!