Thread: Lol, not even mad that this doucher died (lvl 12)

Cool Lol, not even mad that this doucher died (lvl 12)

Started a new character after my lvl 43 dude named Dick Pound was brutally murdered. This new guy was a gnomish archer named Sir Douche. Had the "falling star killed the village elder" birth message, so that combined with the fact that he was a gnome made him level up incredibly quickly. Holy frick, seriously only took me like 15 mins to get to level 12. Unfortunately, I ended up getting trapped between a gray ooze and some other stupid monster in the small cave, so their levels were double mine or whatever. I also ran out of ammunition, so he died. A profoundly retarded decision on my part. However, I am actually kind of happy that he died because by the looks of it, this bozo never had a hard day or worry in his life:

"Your parents belong to the nobility. They are rich, respected, wealthy and own more than they can count.
    As a child you lived through happy days. Your parents tried to ease your life as much as possible and gave you a lot of comfort.
    As a youth you spent a lot of time in the wilds exploring woods and generally enjoying your freedom. You had a lot of fun and learned to value the treasures of nature.
    Your life as a young adult was characterized by steady determination. Your goal lay ahead of you and you never strayed from your path. You decided to become an archer."

I wouldn't have felt right closing the gate with a snobby, entitled rich kid, so I consider his death as a win.

I am an asshole.

SMC is actually not that dangerous for slow leveling chars so a gnome there begs for death
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    SMC is actually not that dangerous for slow leveling chars so a gnome there begs for death
    THAT I will be keeping in mind. I guess Trolls would have it safest, then.
    You kick the Troll and slay it. Congratulations! You advance to level 4! (more)

Admin powers at their finest.

Yes, trolls are definitely suited for SMC exploration, not just because of slow leveling but of course also high initial toughness and strength.
    My most recent one had 25+ starting attributes in both and exited SMC at lvl 4 with eternium two-handed sword of vampirism.
    Can't complain about that outcome
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

What were you even doing in there so long? Or did you come back after puppy cave/village dungeon to go down to UD?

I've taken a Troll Paladin into the small cave with an altar, left around level six already crowned with justifier (also, just my luck, that character also gen'd an Eternium two hander)
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    What were you even doing in there so long? Or did you come back after puppy cave/village dungeon to go down to UD?
    Should have clarified: I was in the UC. I usually start my games there because of the possibility of altars and pools, unless the staircases for the SMC are too far apart and/or the monsters are too strong for my character. If there's an altar, then I get to high piety or even precrowning, kill and eat the oracle, and then remove the dooming. My logic is that the high payoff is worth the high risk, since it's so early in the game, and it's better to get the oracle out of the way before your character gains too many levels for the SMC. I was leaving when I got killed in the SMC. I don't think I actually got all the way up to the high mountain village; I think there was a river blocking it at like lvl 5 or 6 or something, so that's why I didn't use the secret exit and just went through the caves.
    Last edited by AssDriller; 07-19-2014 at 02:27 PM.