Thread: Advice needed, Dark Elf Barbarian, lvl 19

Default Advice needed, Dark Elf Barbarian, lvl 19

Hi,

I am in bit of loss what to do next. My barbarian is reasonably buff, with use of herbs, training, 4 blessed potions of gain attributes and assorted potions of potential stats etc. St: 28, Dx: 30, To: 25 (wearing RoR it's even more). Precrowned twice, with Robes of Resistance and Thunderstroke (this has really kicked ass), crowned with Vanquisher and fire immunity. Also have Si, ankh, crown of Science, Ancient Mummy Wrapping and Big Punch, had also ancient scythe, but sacced it. 2 waterproof blankets, 2 fireproof blankets, 2 rings of fire, 2 rings of ice. With that stuff and stats, I think I have potential game-winner in hand. have only killed 3-4 cats so far too, to keep Master Cat reasonably weak.

I just cleared Darkforge without too much problem, but not sure if my character can take ToEF just yet. Also I want to try to get AoLS for Khelly. So, any ideas of places to visit before ToEF or Khelly ? ToHK? Ice Queen place (I don't even know where it is...)? Other places?

Equip ROR, Vanquisher, Ankh, AMW, elemental gauntlets.

You don't even need inventory w/ that equipment. Simply make sure you have some prayers, take it slow, don't explore all levels, find TOEF:4. Come back w/ 2x fp blanket, a ring of ice equipped, a -conf ring equipped, a digging wand, some healing potions - bust into room and kill ACW (some blessed invis potions will be helpful here, but you'll slay everything either way). It will be very easy: I've killed the ACW at like level 15 w/ Vanquisher on a Drake Barb who could only heal damage from tower with First Aid & prayer. You have much better equipment and are totally set.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I think TotHK would be a good place to search for an AoLS. Make sure to pickpocket everything possible. If you had a ring of invis or perma invis from the pools that would make things much easier in the big cave rooms. And treasure hunter talent too.

I would do the water temple first, fire temple next. The water orb is good to have in the tower, for healing and extra confusion resistance.

Don't worry about Khelly. Saving him is not at all worth the trouble unless you want an ultra.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

You should be able to demolish the ToEF without any trouble with that character. I wouldn't bother with Khelly. SoCR are pretty useless in the most recent versions, and you don't need the spellbooks.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

If you are N or L . I would do the ice queen domain. It's not too hard to find . It gives you a comfortable baseline to take on the tower. If you want to be super careful, then do the water temple before the tower.
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

I am L+ crowned champion of Order. Only thing that is missing from the character are means of water breathing and teleport control. Latter is annoying, since I have couple of wands of teleportation.

Thanks for suggestions! I think I'll try to find rings of fish or helmet of water breathing while looking for AoLS, so can probably do Ice Queen lair and ToHK while into it.
    Last edited by Sardaukar; 07-24-2014 at 04:14 PM.