Thread: Crowning

Question Crowning

Hi all,

I'm playing prerelease 23 and I encounter wierd (for me) behavior of my god. I wanted to be crowned so I spent couple hours of game-time by sacrificing random monsters that was genereted on one level. But my god was always only "very close" not absolutely nor extremely. So I get bored eventually and move on. I repeted this few times but with no shift in my god's mood. So I go the the visit Ice Queen and in battle room I take a fight with fire grue... sily me, after just one turn I had exactly one (!) - lucky me - HP, so I prayed to me beloved god, and not only he healed me, he also crowned me (all of it takes only one prayer), so I'm curious if this is intended behavior of 1.2.0 before I created new issue.

Maybe you had done a precrowning before? After that the piety level (often? always?) doesn't get higher than "very close" anymore, even if you build up enough piety to be eligible for a crowning or second precrowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Maybe you had done a precrowning before? After that the piety level (often? always?) doesn't get higher than "very close" anymore, even if you build up enough piety to be eligible for a crowning or second precrowning.
    Ah, I didn't know that. And yeah - i get precrowned once. And BTW is it normal to be healed and crowned by only one prayer?

Yes, crowning always fully heals you.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

It would be a pretty bad case if you had 1 HP, got crowned and rewarded for your "great service" by the god and then some goblin crits you with a thrown rock and you die...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Yes, crowning always fully heals you.
    Seems like there is plenty of things I'm yet about to find out. Thanks you.