Thread: Transitioning from ASCII - My Perfect Noteye Settings

Default Transitioning from ASCII - My Perfect Noteye Settings

I'm an old ASCII warhorse trying to find ways to play with noteye. I like the pretty graphics and the sound, but I hate not having the entire map on the screen at once (the minimap just isn't the same for me). Also I'm so familiar with everything in ASCII and I hate slowing down to check what I'm looking at in noteye.

So far I've set the main display to plain ASCII and a 3*7 minimap to 32*24 tiles. I really like this setup; I'd like it even better if I could enlarge the screen without stretching the ASCII tiles, giving me black space in which to fit the minimap (now a graphical window), but that doesn't seem to be possible. Does anyone have any idea if there's a way to do this? If not I might RFE it, although I suspect demand would be limited!

myadom.jpg

This is already possible, you can reserve space below the ASCII map and move the minimap there (Ctrl+m, then "r" and "r"). The only problem is that I can't enter a value right now in my current development build (but maybe it still works in R50)?

Edit: you can try to add the following line to config-adom.noe and see if it works

msgreserve = 5
    Last edited by jt; 08-25-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa