Thread: Scrolls of Peace in Air Temple

Question Scrolls of Peace in Air Temple

Hi,
    I've just started to melee (with an orc barbarian) the air temple and one of the vapor rats just dropped a scroll of peace. The summoner has not yet shown himself and I am wondering if reading that scroll would make the summons be less dangerous?
    Also, one level above I found Executor. I know this is a very good weapon with slaying powers but that it also curses. Is the curse active only when I am wielding it? Or will I have to pray at an altar to remove the curse? I know that the damage of Executor probably compensates for the cursed intrinsic, but I am wielding a perfectly fine orcish battle axe of devastation (that has almost the same damage but without the slaying nor cursing effect).
    If I remember correctly, cursing just affects the level of the monsters being generated, so would wielding Executor and reading the scroll of peace balance itself out?
    I guess I am just afraid of being surrounded by tough monsters and I am not sure if Executor is worth the risk.
    What do you guys think?

The cursing on Executor only affects you while wearing it. You should definitely use Executor in either case (note my sig). Cursing is a very weak effect at this point in the game, and humanoid slaying is a very big effect. Feed the battle axe to a rust monster.

Reading the scroll of peace might help, but a single scroll probably isn't enough to have a big effect... by D:39 or whatever Air Temple is on, pretty much all monsters are available for summon. If you had 10 scrolls of peace, you'd probably see a nice difference, I guess. The majority of the time the Air Temple is very easy, so don't sweat it too much.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thanks for the advice!
    You were right, I wielded Executor and a couple of turns later the guardian teleported out of his room and summoned a bunch of fire giants. He and his friends fell easily.
    By the way, Executor rocks! The next level I found a moloch and a titan, the moloch fell in two hits, the titan in three. Now my only fear are undeads and maybe wyrms (I had a fight with a great red wyrm who did not hurt me a lot but it took a while for it to fell without dragon slaying ammo).
    Thanks again!