Thread: Do you dislike challenge games?

Hybrid View

Default Do you dislike challenge games?

Just wondering... I would have expected more activity similar to the YASD / YAVP threads. No interest in challenge games? Aren't they challenging? Aren't they interesting? Personally I like them quite a bit but maybe my tastes vary from the rest of the world ;-)
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

I think there is a lull in traffic currently. I'm just going to have to challenge those other <censored> <censored> <censored> to beat my current awesome score of

1727 from last week's challenge. Ugh.

This week, wow, the stairway damage one? I keep getting unlucky and finding the stairs, even in the dark!

I think there will be more activity when we can actually see the global scoreboard with what other people has done.

The idea itself of the challenge games is great IMO!

PS: also note that the challenge games are only available for crowdfunders at the moment, while reporting YAVP or YASD is open to anyone.
    Last edited by Al-Khwarizmi; 11-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.

I do play the COTW, I think it is very nice in concept, but I never got anything really exciting (never found anything special, like an artifact, a mini-boss, a vault, a shop, a hive, or a cavern level; quite early boring deaths that I do not see how could be avoided). Maybe it could be improved somehow?...

ID challenges have never been particularly interesting to me but the general idea of challenge of the week is interesting.
    I will certainly follow what it has to offer, hopefully something more in the open instead of being confined to a single dungeon.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I've started a game just to see what it is about, made it to about level 5 and died because of 0 PV. Elven monks (who can't get true-berserk bonus) don't offer much in what you can do.

There was a shop on level 3 or so where the only thing I could afford was a pile of rocks.

Personally I would very much like challenges where you start with some specific equipment and have to leave the place as fast as possible. ID-diving with just nothing except random drops and supposedly increased vault generation is just meh.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I didn't like the challenge games at first, but they've grown on me.