Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to axe murder this ghost librarian

Default Going to axe murder this ghost librarian

Okay, so I was in the library. Turned on the counter that shows how many turns have gone by. Waited 2,500 turns. "*PSSST!*"

Didn't talk to a monster, didn't cast a spell.

Teleportitis resets the counter? I can't think of what else is ruining it. This is ridiculous.

stealth < 100?
    bubbling mouth corruption?

If stealth was sub 100, you're out of luck. As in permanently for this character. Arrows of undead slaying? Rune-covered trident? :P
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Dual-wielded spellbooks of dispel undead.
    Gate closers: L+ DE Mindcrafter (p20), N= Gnomish Assasin (p20), N= Gnomish Mindcrafter (p23), N= Ratling Ranger (R49)

Stealth was 100. No babbling mouth corruption. Didn't have the trident. Don't think I had any undead slaying ammo equipped.

All I can think is that the teleportitis when it activates counts as casting a spell. Which is shitty because I have only found one Ethereal Bridge spellbook and am running low on castings. So I need those free teleports. Blurgh.

I mentioned undead slaying ammo or rune covered trident as the best tools to take out the mean librarian that refuses to part with the weird tome.
    They in no way influence the player's ability to obtain that book.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Oh can you simply kill him to get it? Or does he only give it if you complete the bugged broken non working shit quest?

My character is pretty massive at this point, one shotting ghost kings on D46. Only thing that can stop her now is stupidity or extremely bad luck.

I think the exact conditions of the Ghost Librarian quest were traditionally considered to be one of the few remaining mysteries in ADOM, pre-resurrection.

I've never managed to get the Weird Tome, no matter what I did. I don't even try anymore.

Never had a problem with the Ghost Librarian, but probably because I only go up there on Wizards and it takes so long to read the Spellbook of Wish I just naturally complete the quest afterwards.