Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I ready for the final dive?

400 versus 500 isn't going to make much difference. Especially since the amount of monsters on D:50 means you can't simply retreat & shoot all the time. Speed OTOH is always a benefit - even if you're just staying on the spot you get 50% more damage output at 150 speed than at 100.

Toughness is certainly low - though non-trivial to increase. Minotaur maze would have been a good option but it's too late now. Equip crown of science and hunt swamp hydras, pay Garth ludicrous amounts or wish for !oTo could be used.

Dx should be raised with moss, as a beastie the potential should be pretty good. Practising with the trident will also train it (Dx increases the chance to catch, not for it to return, I think). I find that stats increase quickly on D:50, more than I'd expect from the levelling alone.
    Gate closers: L+ DE Mindcrafter (p20), N= Gnomish Assasin (p20), N= Gnomish Mindcrafter (p23), N= Ratling Ranger (R49)

28 To is perfectly fine. It's higher then herbs allow you to get anyway. If you don't do quests that give PoGA then without extensive farming getting it higher is hard.
    Unmodified stats of my DE Beastfighter that entered D50 at lvl34 and absolutely crushed everyone there into dust leaving at lvl46 and ending the game:
    St:25 Le:13 Wi:20 Dx:31 To:31 Ch: 8 Ap:21 Ma:21 Pe:20
    And even with this To he ended with 851 hp. As if more is needed.
    Although i also had rotmc and preserver. But OP doesn't need to kill everything.

I agree with LexyBoy about the 7lbs. Complete waste of a wish at this point in the game with this sort of character. Eternium boots would be better for the extra PV.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yeah - it wasn't my intention to kill everything. I was going to lean more towards some class power swapping to get the lever, and destroy.

My DV/PV was affected by tactics - I was on aggressive. It is 59/28 on Normal, with +97 bonus to hit/1d23+63 dmg melee.

Thanks for the counsel - it does make me somewhat nervous (although, I would have been beforehand anyway).

Re stats - I was going to down the boost stats potions before starting/during D50. I'm not sure what else I can increase at this stage. I think my toughness may have been effected in the mana temple.

Re the clean run - it wasn't my intention! Unfortunately, too much was lost to the poison hands and mana hands for me to keep them. Particularly when poison showed up twice. I do actually have 2 more scrolls of removal (not shown) that were being kept safe in the ogre caves. I've been very nervous about corruption - my only other D50er a few years back ended up being turned.

I'll give it some further consideration.

In my first win was very paranoid about corruption on D:50 - to the point where I scummed for about 30 game days in the big room for a wish. At long last I got it, got 4 SoCRs and nervously proceeded. I only used one or two of these and a couple of PoCC during the course of totally clearing D:50, and could have used less (ended up with maybe 8-10 corruptions out of max 18). I was L+ rather than C-, but even so with your 4 plus wishes in hand I don't see corruption being a problem. Staying alive is the main concern - I was surprised at how much tougher the monsters are there than the levels above. Plenty of healing + staying away from the ghosts should do the trick.

I don't get the hating on poison hands myself, it's one of my favourites and I invariably keep it - it is one of those which tends to pop up early I find. Nothing like taking on vaults and being spammed with [+65815xp] messages as monsters snuff it out of sight. (Nearly) unlimited poison for missiles is also nice.

In older versions thick gauntlets were annoyingly rare but they're plentiful now. If you can't remember to swap when dropping/picking stuff, just keep them on except for boss fights.

Anyway, good luck!
    Gate closers: L+ DE Mindcrafter (p20), N= Gnomish Assasin (p20), N= Gnomish Mindcrafter (p23), N= Ratling Ranger (R49)

I went to Darkforge to get me some intrinsic invisibility. Unfortunately, I also got aged by a pool to very old. So - next wish has been used on Potions of Youth. Combined, I'm back to being young. As such, stats aren't quite as awful: St:28 Le:10 Wi:14 Dx:29 To:32 Ch:13 Ap: 9 Ma:12 Pe:23. I've still got one left too.

Is the RCT effective without much training in it? My bows and crossbows are really highly trained. Or, should I not worry so much about the 90 days a grind a bit with it?

RCT has very nice to-hit as a missile. It should be fine with minimal training.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

So - Kitty's dead, and Blup's satisfied.

I've got 344944 xp until l 36 (and the runed spear) - but I've cleared the entirety of the CoC for big things. Any suggestions of where to grind?

Blue dragon caves?

Bear in mind that it can be quite a while before you get it - I've been L37 or higher before. The messenger seems to enjoy waiting for an amusing time to pop up. Last time I got it I was stumbling around confused trying to whack Nurgles in the middle of the Mana Temple when suddenly "OHAI! I haz pointy stick for you!"

BDC is a good bet, won't be long before a GM or titan shows up (top 2 levels), and the wyrms are worth decent xp too - plus you'll get loot. Leave your SoCRs and other valuables on the staircase though.