Thread: Dalbu, Dwarven CK

Default Dalbu, Dwarven CK

Things is learned in this run:
    1. If you have mana batter and you plan special ending - remove it if you don't have medal of chaos.
    2. If you have acid blood and gonna rush andy in melee - remove it before it's not too late. Nearly omnipotent ElDeR cHaOs GoD takes a splash of your blood in his eyes and goes wallwalking away from you.
    3. Andy acts like 10 times per turn. Definitely not a problem with my speed, as i had 400. I don't remember him doing that many actions in 1.1.1 and i fought him without tranqulizers before.
    4. If you're chaotic and relying on PV which is useless here, don't forget a lot of healing potions.
    5. Being a crowned chaotic champion for the whole game is not exactly fun. You get corrupted crazy fast. With lvl32 CK power less crazy, but still.
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

######################## ###### #####  ########################################
    #..#.#.....#....#...=..#......##.   ####.....#=#.#.      #   #  ..###.#..#=#.=#
    ###..##....#..#.#.###.##.#.##     . # #....#..#.=.  ##.  #       ###.#..#..#...
    #...#...#..#.#=.=...##..##.   #. .   # ...#.#.#..#     #     # .#...#.###...#..#
    ##.###.#.#...#...##...#...#   #   .  ###........## .    #   #  #######..##.=##.#
    #..#.#=#..#..##...#.#.....    .    .####...## #=#.## # #    ### # .#........####
    ##.#..#.=#.##.=#..#..##.# #.    ##  ## @@#  #  .#.. #.   .####    .#.###...##..#
    #..#=####.##..##..###....# .    #  #   #C...##  ..#..   #  #  #   .=#......#.##
    #.##.##.......##..=...... # . # . #    =.##.# #.  #.         ##  ...#######...##
    #...##.#.#...#.##.......   .        ####..# .#  ## # #     #   ###=.#.#.#..#...#
    #.....#..##.#..#.....#.#= #    # ##### ##.#  ...#   #     # #.. ##=#=.#.#..#.=.#
    #.#.#.#...#.....#..##...# #.#     #  .#  ##  ##.# ###.  #     # ..#.##.##..#..##
    ##.....#...#.##=..###.#.## ###    # ### ##  # # .. # #. # ## #.#....##.#...#..##
    #...#..###.#.###..#..###.. ..# ## #  .    . ###  # ..####   #....#..#.##..#....#
    #.==.....#..###..##..=.####=#   ## ###    #=  ##.  # #.#...#..?..#..#....=#.#.=#
    ##.#=#.##..#.###....#.#.#..##. # #.#..##  ##.##### #.#.......##........#.#.#.###
     ..#...#..#.#....#..#.......#####.##.##  # .   ##   ..##.#.#.#.#...#..###..#..##
    #...#.#.#....#.=....=....#.#....##=...#= #   .. #  #.##...###=.#.=#...#.....#.#
    #...#...#......###=##...###..#=.#.#.##..   .#    ###.##....#..#....##.#.##.#.=#
    ##################################################   ###### ########  #########
    Dalbu         St:14  Le:27  Wi:13  Dx:63  To:18  Ch: 1  Ap: 1  Ma:10  Pe:22 C-
    DV/PV: 37/69   H: -6(634)     P: 0(161)      Exp: 43/15143005   ChAoS Sp: 227
    Blessed Strained Berserk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Inventory
    Total weight: 2795 stones                Carrying capacity: 2402 stones

Head          : uncursed Iron Crown of Havlor (-6, -6) [+12, +12] {Le+4}
    Neck          : blessed rustproof amulet of free action                [3s]
    Body          : uncursed eternium plate mail (-1, -2) [-1, +14]      [240s]
    Girdle        : uncursed eternium girdle [+0, +4]                     [12s]
    Cloak         : -
    Right Hand    : blessed axe of the minotaur emperor (+12, 4d20+16) [-6, +4]
    Left Hand     : -
    Right Ring    : uncursed ring of mental stability [+1, +1] {Le+1}      [1s]
    Left Ring     : blessed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd)
    Bracers       : cursed bracers of regeneration [+0, +0]               [18s]
    Gauntlets     : uncursed thick gauntlets (+0, -1) [+2, +3]            [15s]
    Boots         : uncursed eternium boots [+0, +8]                      [55s]
    Missile Weapon: -
    Missiles      : -
    Tool          : blessed torch (3888 turns of fuel remaining, lit)     [10s]

His achievements during his battles:

Dalbu, the dwarven chaos knight, .
    He scored 2792777 points and advanced to level 43.
    He survived for 0 years, 104 days, 7 hours, 32 minutes and 8 seconds (113856
    turns).
    Dalbu visited 139 places.
    His strength score was modified by -19 during his career.
    His learning score was modified by +11 during his career.
    His willpower score was modified by -6 during his career.
    His dexterity score was modified by +17 during his career.
    His toughness score was modified by -13 during his career.
    His charisma score was modified by +12 during his career.
    His appearance score was modified by +13 during his career.
    His mana score was modified by -9 during his career.
    His perception score was modified by +15 during his career.
    He was unnaturally aged by 58 years.
    He killed the emperor of the ancient minotaur race.
    He adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord but fell from grace.
    He stopped the generation of nasty bugs.
    He ended his adventuring life in the palace of Andor Drakon.
    8306 monsters perished under his attacks.
    The following 25 artifacts were generated during his adventure:
      the si
      the scythe of corruption "Moon Sickle"
      the ring of the master cat
      the ancient claymore "Death's Blade"
      the Iron Crown of Havlor
      the Chaos Orb of Elemental Water
      the Chaos Orb of Elemental Air
      the Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire
      the Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth
      the heavy crossbow "The Far Slayer"
      the silvery arrow "True Aim"
      the phial of Caladriel
      the crown of science
      the shield of raw steel
      the ancient mummy wrapping
      the ankh
      the Crown of Chaos
      the Sceptre of Chaos
      the Medal of Chaos
      the glaive "Long Sting"
      the Chaos Orb of Elemental Mana
      the black rune-covered dagger "Sting"
      the fine leather armor "Nature's Companion"
      the ring of immunity
      the axe of the minotaur emperor
    He possessed the following intrinsics:
      He was poison resistant.
      He was acid resistant.
      He was lucky.
      Fate smiled upon him (also through an item).
      He was sleep resistant.
      He was able to control teleportation.
      He was paralyzation resistant (gained through an item).
      He was resistant to death rays.
      He was shock resistant.
      He was able to see invisible things (also through items).
      He was immune to acidic attacks.
      He was able to resist confusion attacks (gained through items).
    He had the following talents: Basher, Beast of Burden, Good Shot, Greased
    Lightning, Hardy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin, Keen Shot, Master Packager,
    Mithril Skin, Porter, Quick, Steel Skin, Tough Skin, Very Quick.
    He had a final speed score of 227 (final base speed: 191).
    He was a messiah of Andor Drakon.
    He asked for 19 divine interventions.
    He was a holy champion of Chaos.
    He was severely tainted by Chaos.
    And yes. My strength in last fight got drained from 36 to 1, my To got drained from 41 to 10.
    Last edited by AlterAsc; 11-28-2014 at 07:48 PM.

He was a messiah of Andor Drakon.
    He asked for 19 divine interventions.
    He was a holy champion of Chaos.
    He was severely tainted by Chaos.
    A little ironic! Also the death message seems bugged.
    Nice to see Andor buffed enough to be a challenge, but I feel sorry for your pc

The strongest champion attempted a coup, but was slain by his lord in a duel. *chuckles*

I should have tried praying myself when i saw that i was doomed to fail, but does praying on chaos plane as chaotic bring trouble instead of help?

IIRC praying as any alignment on chaos plane will not help you

If you pray as chaotic, you additionally get swarmed by greater balors. As for acid blood, I had a different impression - imho, it gave me important moments of respite in the beatings Andor was giving me, allowed additonal chances to snipe him with arrows/bolts of slaying and the class power + a couple scrolls of peace kept the corrupting influences in check (though my character was generally in a better situation, since he was going for Ultimate - easier, but more tedious cause of the forced alignment changes, they let you grab most of the N/L content).

As far as some of his nasty attacks go, you should try your best to keep at least one potion of cure corruption by then - though with the lack of Ice Queen quests and druid, that's obviously hard to accomplish. I'd say prioritizing saving Khelavaster as a CK is a must - his scrolls will go a long way and will help in saving !oCC from the Maze. His healing potions also matter a fair bit.

I heard about greater balors being summoned but was never sure if it is true or just a rumor.
    Saving kelly? No. Severely out of character even though rewards are stellar.
    Having TotRR and not having TotRR is a ton of difference. I'm thinking of a another plan how to do OCG, since AotME kills you faster then it kills andy and it is probably the only thing that can compete with TotRR in terms of damage output for CKs. Still no idea other than hope for 1H humanoid/demon slayer. Maybe a lot of slaying ammo, but i'm not much of a fan of shooting stuff, although that should probably work.
    It seems like throwing PoCC is no longer guranteed - some people reported andy deflecting it.

Well, I did do a Chaotic run of CK, though I converted for black druid/thrundarr's quests [no Khell save]. Was lucky enough to get Grod, AotME and Vanquisher in maze and various vaults [it was before IQD was introduced, mid game was a drag back then, still is for full chaotic CKs], but it was still mostly a slog. Thunderstroke and drinking lots and lots of !oBoostSpeed [had 398 at the last hit] also helped immensely.

IQD was introduced in the same version Andy was buffed. Now he has penetrating attacks and against my measly DV of 37 he could do upwards of 400-500 damage per turn.
    I had 450 speed, an on his first melee turn andy drained with my str by 7 and cutting my hp almost by half.

hah, good that I did the Ultimate God ending then c: this only points further how little outs a pure chaotic CK has - and with OCG being his 'intended' end, imho, it's kind of a bummer. I hope future versions rectify that.

Future versions need a chaotic variation of Khelavaster somewhere, maybe tie it to the chaos diplomat?
    After a few quests he could direct the PC to someone who could summon the trident after being given the scroll.
    I'm not sure if the Filk quest and subsequently minster telling you about scintillating cave is doable as pure C- chaos knight but if not, that could be adjusted too.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."