Thread: First time for everything right?

Default First time for everything right?

ok, i just bought a new laptop, d/l adom and randomed everything.....got a human elementalist...fine lets play! i was very careful throughout cause i wanted my 1st character on the highscore screen to also be a win! things didnt go according to plan cause there waa tikbuz in SMC...i killed him with my burning hands but i got too highly lvld by then and didnt find the wp blanket or the downstairs..bummer! did the druid quest till i got lvl 5 and retreated..i think i slew kranach..went to the CoC and did all the stuff there meticulously. my 1st break came with a book shop on d2...after getting crowned iwith branalbin which i never used the whole game, and letting the book shop restock by collecting the books in a single square...i killed the shop keeper with my skullcrusher which i found in pc last lvl and took his loot including a spellbook of iceball which i used along with slow monster to get 3-4 lvls in darkforge..poolsipping didnt get me wish but haggar cave gave me RoDS...for AoLS...crushed ACW with iceball...cruised thru everything found moloch armour which became my armour for the rest of the game (which was all of 10 minutes from the time i found it), fund spellbook of acid ball for nuuragwaan....ignored the air and stone temple to goto mana temple and then....

i foung a karmic dragon....easy peasy lemon squeezy right? well i hadnt found an altar in some time and i didnt have magic missile so i slowed him and took him to the place where he is near a wall so rays can bounce and...hit him with death ray which instantly killed him...but it bounced to me and killed me too zzzzz...
    so sad my 1st character in this laptop cudnt win a nearly guaranteed game zzzzz..neways my first death with death rays but they were my death rays!!

another first....died to paralysis by a ghul on d1 as a lvl 14 drake monk with 25+ pv (just got the tough scales corruption) but doomed due to pool sipping (i had approx 200hp)...though to be fair there were 2 ghuls hitting me and i was strained and had no shield cause i was training my unarmed combat. oh well!

Been there too. Doomed characters need to be extra wary of all paralysing creatures, measly ghuls included, as you'll get paralysed more often and once you do, you're never coming out of that paralysis lock.

Amulet of free action should really be called "the other amulet of life saving".
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."