Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Release First R/C Combo

Default Steam Release First R/C Combo

In light of the upcoming steam release I wanted to find out what you guys will be playing as your first Race/Class Combo. Or maybe you are going to let fate decide?

Also - It would be cool to hear your reasoning as well!

For me, it will definitely be a Monk as that was my first class and I think they are very powerful. Not too sure about the race just yet. Probably Dwarf, or Gnome. I don't want to be too dependent on gear in the early game, and Monks just have a great skill and ability set.

What about you??
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

I know I'm going to play a gray elf; as for the class, probably a monk too since I haven't played this in quite some time.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I think I'll start with an Assassin. Perhaps hurthling, as Archery and Cooking/Food Preservation are very useful, and have lots of missile options to survive the early game - the starting boomerang, daggers and thrown rocks, plus the bow and arrows from the newbie dungeon.

Either that or Mindcrafter since I never get anywhere with those. Would want to use a tough race for a change and live with the low willpower to start until I could get herbs.

Gnomish elementalist. It has always been the case for every new release since the 0.8 era 18 years ago.
    You feel excited. You die.

Definitely some sort of spellcastor, as I'm looking forward to seeing the new animations. Maybe an elementalist, as I'm guaranteed to start with a couple of offensive spells I can try out straight away.

Not sure about race... Maybe a hurthling, as I don't want to leave it too long before getting that first death achievement :-)

I haven't thought about it, but now that I am I'm more than likely start with a barb, probably orc or drake just because they are easy mode for a while and I like to start with something I know well. When should we see the game in STEAM?

Quote Originally Posted by melphen View Post
    I haven't thought about it, but now that I am I'm more than likely start with a barb, probably orc or drake just because they are easy mode for a while and I like to start with something I know well. When should we see the game in STEAM?
    Before Christmas is the target for the team. But they never said it was official, so it could be a few days or weeks after. I'm just hoping for the best but there'a still a lot to be done.
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

Since I love fate rolls more than everything else, I guess that's what I am gonna do.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

I'll probably let fate decide, since it often gives r/c combos I wouldn't have picked otherwise. If I'm feeling picky I'll pick dwarven/elven melee character. Or if I feel like role playing I'll pick a character from whatever lore I feel is awesome at the time, then try to mold that character into Ancardia. But since that requires lot of thinking and and most importantly I'll eventually have to make a decision(!) which character to pick, it's usually just easier to press f.

Now that steam ADOM is out, are there going to be non-steam releases any more?