Thread: Elemental altars are dangerous

Default Elemental altars are dangerous

Well, killed everything in the water temple, except one demon.

Chase him down, step on altar, and whoomph.

I thought that would only happen if I were chaotic.

So dies Mo, promising Human Fighter.

Character hilight, from potion of wonder:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spells
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish: 8, 5760pp (Effectivity: +0)

Just avoid stepping on chaotic altars, ever. And if you're converting, invisibility + wands of door creation are your friends.

Also:
    Stone Oozes - very dangerous.

Just lost a level 20 Mist Elf Druid (doing very, very well) to one that I ran into by accident.

Even had Immune to Pain, and amulet of Free Action. Just didn't see it. )-;

i always perma equip AoFA after getting crowned since it is so good. if i have -para, i go for Amulet of eye. also invis doesnt help if you step on an altar...you will be sacced..better than doors, i use monster detection b4 stepping on an altar...no monster except quicklings can sacc you if they are not immediately in the line of sight of the altar...even teleporting monsters will need 2 turns!

Any fast stuff that steps on a previously undiscovered teleportation trap and lands next to you, has a chance to sacrifice you out of the blue, even if wand monster detection shows nothing closer than 20 tiles.
    It's best to just avoid stepping on elemental or any chaotic altars and that's it.
    Of course PC alignment matters - a chaotic PC shouldn't step on a neutral altar to avoid getting sacced by a random swordsman or a barbarian.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."