Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst thing you've intentionally used a wish for?

Default Worst thing you've intentionally used a wish for?

I used a wish (from a pool) earlier for a climbing set, I was stuck in one of the new random dungeons surrounded by mountains after a black dragon melted my climbing set.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbot View Post
    I used a wish (from a pool) earlier for a climbing set, I was stuck in one of the new random dungeons surrounded by mountains after a black dragon melted my climbing set.
    depends what context.. i've used alot on potions of water with an archmage

i also had to use a wish on a climbing set when i was in the library lost the climbing set and the trader got killed before i was able to buy one off him.

When I first started playing adom, I believed the fortune cookies... I wished for 'mana'.
    Worse, I saw my mana stat increase by 2 and was like "Wow! A few more wishes and I'll have some great stats!" and just kept sipping.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Probably "scrolls of danger" ID just refused to throw me a bone...

Why do fortune cookies, etc, give the message "you should wish for wishes" or something like that. It's not fair to trick players who don't know any better.

My UNE ranger had to wish for phase dagger (to kill EM) and for ammy of free action.
    And a bit later in the same game i was very close to wishing for tinderbox.

Perhaps not so bad, but my current (gate closed, now rising stats) char used a wish on spellbooks of magic missile (or in this case minor punishment) as he was running low on castings and was having trouble finding them (even though he was finding a lot of spellbooks thanks to treasure hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    Why do fortune cookies, etc, give the message "you should wish for wishes" or something like that. It's not fair to trick players who don't know any better.
    Maybe not all rumors are true...
    "And light there be!"

i also had to use a wish on a climbing set when i was in the library lost the climbing set and the trader got killed before i was able to buy one off him.
    guilty of same, to boot i had to grind that wish out in the tothk

also, potions of water. no, not as an archmage attempt nor wish engine. just potions of water. I was really low on those...

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    My UNE ranger had to wish for phase dagger (to kill EM) and for ammy of free action.
    And a bit later in the same game i was very close to wishing for tinderbox.
    For future reference, you can wish for an everburning torch. I definitely have wished for one of those to get a particularly poorly equipped character through the mana temple.