Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Christmas and New Year's Eve, V2.

Default Ideas for Christmas and New Year's Eve, V2.

So... we're a couple of weeks before Christmas and New Year's Eve. Any ideas on how we're going to celebrate the special events?

Since last year's ideas proved to be a flop, My idea is just to do some standard RRC's on the public server, but maybe you have some other ideas.

I have to be honest, I actually wondered about this and arrived at a conclusion that it would be nice if *somebody* did something interesting in the vein of Adom Possible.
    As for the details or who that mysterious person would be...
    Let's just say I'm eager to participate but not necessarily eager to organize.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I'd be interested in participating in an event, but I don't think that I will have the time to actually run something.

I'd be tempted to suggest changing the clocks and rolling the characters early so that people don't have to play precisely on Christmas or New Year's if you want to do anything major.

First thing that popped to mind... maybe a 12 days of Christmas type challenge? Each "day" (player turn), you need to find something specific using a new character. It could get grindy if you aren't careful in how you plan it, but something like:
    On the first day of Christmas the RNG gave to me:
    A cute dog brought home safely.

On the 2nd day of Christmas the RNG gave to me:
    Two broken weapons
    And a cute dog brought home safely.

On the 3rd day of Christmas the RNG gave to me:
    Three dead goodwives
    Two broken weapons
    And a cute dog brought home safely

etc.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thumbs up

> maybe a 12 days of Christmas type challenge?

must sing this for it to be funny:

On the twelfth day of darknight, the rng sent to meeee...
    twelve goblins murdered
    eleven kobold corpses
    ten lords a spotted (any)
    nine monsters fleeing
    eight spears a milking
    seven sharks a swimming (spotted)
    six farmer slayings
    Fiiiive woooden riiings...
    four goodwives dying
    three dead friends
    two dragon turtles (spotted)
    and a shop-keeper up a shit creek
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I think the such an event would be grinding when we get to the six level no matter how you plan this. I say we just start characters on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve on the server, and hopefully get them to ascension, since that's as simple and easy as it gets.

We need to take into account whether team ADOM will actually deliver Steam version before the end of the year. I would gladly take part in RRC of the new version if it is somehow possible to get actual team ADOM support in setting things up with server-like approach with NotEye version. Setting things up with some streaming service like Twitch and getting members of the community to play would be an awesome advertisment thing.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Good point... though I prefer (but i can always change it if requested) that we do the last public release on the server just so people can do the challenge for free. I think having to pay for the new version on Steam will turn off interest.

Count me in! Of course some sort of competition like AdomPossible would be perfect, but that requires a lot of organization. A simple yet difficult task such as this year's Creator's Day challenge or the last Arena challenge would probably be easier to get going.

Ok, here's what I'm thinking: We have two choices for each special day when starting/playing a character: We can either roll a random race and role and have this guy survive, OR we can choose to roll a random drakeling and attempt to kill the Ice Queen before Khelavaster *without* the ancient mummy wrapping OR ice immunity items (though intrinsic ice immunity is acceptable), since I don't think anyone has managed to do this yet.

How about this: Each player starts a random character on the server on Christmas Eve. After playing 4000 turns, the player sets a optional challenge to complete for the next player within 4k turns. After the next player completes the challenge and finishes his 4k turn period, he/she sets a new challenge to complete. A reward could be set for every two/three challenges completed, if we could somehow arrange it.

Potential reward could be like this: Players are initially forbidden to visit certain areas (e.g. UD, ID, Tomb of the high kings). A reward could be the "unlocking" of one of those areas.
    Last edited by kapak44; 12-19-2014 at 09:15 AM.