Thread: Killed by a balor in D:50

Default Killed by a balor in D:50

I don't have much to say here. This was a really exciting game and first time with a wizard that actually got nearly this far in the game. How come are these balors so hard?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Note: I was wearing an amulet of light even though I was invisible and I had found an extra amulet of life saving I could have used.. never play tired.

Word of advice: Next time use code tags -
    Code:
    something like this, it maintains white spaces and makes everything clear
    - around text instead of uploading the whole txt file.
    It's impossible to view the map and inventory without spending an ~hour on reformatting the lines.

As a side note, message log would have been nice - this character with that DV and PV as well as all those nice spells, including ~1,5k castings of eff +33 acid ball - should have made a steaming pile of guts out of the balors.
    How you died is a mystery and no, balors aren't particularly hard, no harder than they used to be at least.
    You probably forgot to drink potions of extra/ultra healing while in the fervor of casting ball spells everywhere.
    Balors can occasionally crit pretty badly, especially if they panic.
    Otherwise D:50 is a piece of cake for a wizard.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Yes, this should've been in the YAVP instead. I was tired, surrounded and forgot to teleport, forgot to put amulet of life saving on, got several critical hits in sequence from many balors and that was too much because of low toughness. Edit: and how did you guess I was using Acid Ball all the time I had high number of ball spells and very high amount of other spells, lots of scrolls of power etc. etc.

I was guessing you were surrounded. Acid ball is OP (over powered, that's why)
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

Acid ball is what I would have used, hence the guess :P
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."