Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Grand New UI Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    A pity that getting the old info back implies disabling the multi-line message buffer.

Jt has been updating this but I believe a big chunk of these issues have been resolved according to the bug/feature list. Is someone able to go in and update?
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

Yep! (Sorry, been on Holiday. I'll have them updated in the next 20ish minutes)

Ok, got all the original issues updated (most of them are now fixed), now I have to go through and add everything that's been posted since I've been gone.

And going for the triple post:

It's now completely updated. I added a 4th category for the fixed bugs, as they were making the original post difficult to read. We're now at 18 open/15 fixed, which is pretty impressive.

Awesome thanks for updating. Yea the adom team has been kicking butt lately. I bet a new release will be coming fast
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

Really looking forward to the next version. Just had an orcish druid starve to death without even noticing that I got hungry ;-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Just a heads-up: the new UI can also show your stats, just like the original one. They don't fit in the default 800x500 window, but if you enlarge it or go fullscreen Zeno's crafty magic will do its best to show as many PC stats as will fit on your screen

Two little details I noticed in ASCII R54 today, but I'm posting here because they're so small for a bug report, and Team ADOM reads this thread too:

• "The weather is mild and comfortable. A slight wind is blowing" is no longer shown when you start the game, and I'd like to see it back.
    • When you get a prompt to confirm attacking a peaceful monster and press N, the "N" remains visible in the message area. May happen with other prompts too, didn't verify it yet.
    "And light there be!"

The new UI in tiled mode is now very nice. Again, it seems to show all the relevant information.

However, in ASCII we still have to choose... either we choose the new mode and then we don't see some very relevant information like stats or statuses like hunger, o we choose one of the old modes and then everything is fine, but we are back to the 2-line message buffer and the more prompts.

It would be nice if we could get a mode with ASCII, new message buffer *and* rich HUD.