Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Adom grandmaster:

nice.....keep us updated on your character! the scroll of danger tactic is incredible...and the clay lumps one too! how do you maintain piety though since you dont have altars? also, there is a wight corpse in your inventory!

What race/class is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    What race/class is that?
    Hobbit wizard - I somehow decided that was optimal.

On good news front:
    Code:
    uncursed mithril spear of damnation (+1, 1d8+3) 
    uncursed ring mail of order (-1, -1) [-1, +3]   
    uncursed Brannalbin's Cloak of Defense [+3, +3]   
    blessed orcish spear of hunting (-1, 1d8+2)                        [75s]
    bundle of 10 uncursed quarrels and slaying (+1, 2d6)               
    uncursed magical writing set (1)
    [base d on drops current wilderness DL is at either 8 or 9 ]
    uncursed ring of djinni summoning 
    [sadly this is enough for like 6mln exp which is not lv50]
    cursed wand of teleportation (0 charges)
    [I'd rather have book, since spell memory does not burn/melt]
    heap of 12 uncursed potions of booze
    [for that wand above]
    heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of familiar summoning 
    [sorta plan is use wish for molochs at swamps 
    with fams blocking some keypoints - well, maybe...]
    uncursed scroll of peace                                            [2s]
    [for DL tuning:)]
      uncursed herb seed                                                  [2s]
    [could try that gardening at some late point,
    but straight now with To at 30 not really interested]

She survived for 0 years, 337 days, 11 hours, 39 minutes and 31 seconds
    [still year one:)]
    Still do not have summon monster spell although, red dragons go at 6k exp so plan is to grind towards lv 25.

From your experience with the character so far, would you say that Food preservation (and Cooking) are necessary to prevent starvation? If not, a gnome could be a great choice because of the Pick Pockets skill...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    From your experience with the character so far, would you say that Food preservation (and Cooking) are necessary to prevent starvation? If not, a gnome could be a great choice because of the Pick Pockets skill...
    Classic approach was take Falcon as birth sign, feed char via Survival skill. That does give away 10%xp discount.

Honestly I am closing on 7k kills and I ma not thrilled of idea of having picked 5k pockets. In current version translating wishes into xp is somewhat problematic - Karmic Wyrms are likely less than one xp level and by time first wish for molochs is cleared they are already giving like quarter of starting xp [and starting xp has been nerfed too from my impressions].

On other hand stuff like dragons now give more xp - red dragons with slow monster on char - constantly gave 11k-12k xp [at 32speed that is and they are halved now]. So it is more grind, less rush for djinni rings.

In all seriousness I do consider wishing for summon monsters books especially since I need tp control [have book and two wands now] to even think about molochs. [I do plan use exchange pots on rings so more serious considerations will happen afterwards]
    Last edited by Soirana; 02-09-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Meh, killing molochs at ~30 speed was fun [and worth0.5million exp per kill] but tad too unsafe. [Cleareance would have netted 10mln+xp I think so it is rush for djinni ring after all]

After nearly making it I would say most challenging part is getting danger scroll.
    So obvious solution is get roller for final version and start with one. [cursed has good chance to increasing danger level enough to get high enough for magical writing sets to drop]. Rest is more minor technical problems.
    Whole idea of book caster talents and summon monsters is more or less waste of time.

I got interested in this particular challenge, currently running lvl 14 high elf priest (elf is really a bad idea in retrospect). Danger scroll dropped before ID, so I read it immediately. Since it was blessed, DL is now 2 (at least I have water).

My enthusiasm is rapidly dropping, although I entertained myself with frog quest. After some time both Ch and Ap dropped to 1 along with potential thanks to this RFE (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2334), but I have a bunch of beauty potions. With some careful application of PoEx to stats and stacks of amulets it's possible to get some AoLSes.

Now that I think about it, thanks to this RFE (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2964) no more than 1 RoDS can be generated ever through dipping. I think my enthusiasm is definitely dwindling.

Fun fact:
    Music in current Steam release is actually played when you successfully play an instrument (it matches the instrument as well). There are several short tracks for each instrument and applying Music repeatedly and quickly creates a pretty monstrous cacophony. Kinda fun though.

Also:
    I've spent over 1.5 year in the wilderness, which means I've triggered background corruption increase more than 4 times. I wonder how much care should be applied to danger scrolls to avoid immediate chaos mutation.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Well, wilderness is sort of "no corruption" zone. Unluckily that does not hold after DL goes above 9. [tested with backup from my character] So given that corruption removal is next to none I would try being careful.

Primary target is get DL to 5, so magical writing set appear in drops. If I was you [at DL2 that is] I would try to gather and exchange 19 ID scrolls to try scoring extra danger ones. I guess you want ID scrolls in particular to prevent them from being in results.
    ID scroll exchange is not bad idea in first place as long as at least one potion of holy water drops.

If all molochs are killed with Slow monster and bloated it should give in area of 15mln xp, I got like 4.5mln xp manually [climbing set decided to drop - so stone giant lors+red dragons helped a lot to reach lv25]. At ~20mln xp lots of characters can reach lv50 so one wish is good enough.
    Last edited by Soirana; 02-12-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Apparently there is some bug which counts in second location although char has seen just wilderness general map and plain/hill/forest/etc locations.
    Luckily this does show up in vlg under achievements so I resorted to restoring backups twice for current char. Current char is not luckiest I had [started with scroll of danger although], but currently lacks just few magic missile books [I sort of want MM at +60ish power], 7lb and djinni ring. [SoA showed up at lv20, although I probably take extra exchange pot over it at this point.]
    So in her 3 year in Ancardia lv22 doomed hobbit wizard is mountaineering in search of red dragons... business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Apparently there is some bug which counts in second location although char has seen just wilderness general map and plain/hill/forest/etc locations.
    Luckily this does show up in vlg under achievements so I resorted to restoring backups twice for current char. Current char is not luckiest I had [started with scroll of danger although], but currently lacks just few magic missile books [I sort of want MM at +60ish power], 7lb and djinni ring. [SoA showed up at lv20, although I probably take extra exchange pot over it at this point.]
    So in her 3 year in Ancardia lv22 doomed hobbit wizard is mountaineering in search of red dragons... business as usual.
    Are you doing this again? Is it your new ADOM fetish?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.