Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Adom grandmaster:

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Are you doing this again? Is it your new ADOM fetish?
    Well, If I won't get it done I can't achieve that grandmaster thingy.

It is not that bad as time sink goes - I am level 25 in under 9 hours played. That does not include rolling start with passable Le and scroll of danger although.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, If I won't get it done I can't achieve that grandmaster thingy.
    And done, phew. Pots of exchange failed, but RoDS decided to drop at around 8k kills.
    Game actually crashed upon hitting lv50 [apparently sometimes that happens for achievements], but achievement sticked.

Unless I come with some completely insane ideas eternium challenge will have to wait untill I get hands on character roller.

Edit: regarding second location bug --- if save is made in wilderness but not in general map [after encounter, after pressing ">"] char ifs flagged as having visited two locations - this does go away after hitting main wilderness map. However if one picks nice swamp map does some prep [walling some watery corners with slowed familiars for example] saves and next day restores and goes for molochs - upon reachinglv50 char is marked for two locations - no achievement.
    It might be bugged in some other cases but I can't reproduce these on stable basis.
    Last edited by Soirana; 02-25-2015 at 05:06 PM.

So after playing with save files I've found difference between avatar achievements and ones of killing Andor for your allignment [revered martyr] and etc. Apparently later are ultras which failed to wield trident.

Honestly not looking forward to botching three ultras on purpose...

Can confirm steeling resurrection amulet unlocks avatar of thieves. From stuff i've tried it is the only thing which worked.

palandus Guest

Is the gold required "90,169" because of the date initially released? (if you read the numbers backwards = 96109 = 1996, Oct 9)

$90,169 is the amount of money raised during indiegogo campaign.

palandus Guest

*facepalm* I feel foolish now.

It would be tricky something like a "master collector" for who manage to take out of the Drakalor Chain every single artifact? I mean to have it in the equipment at the moment you leave the place after regular win.
    That would surely mean EVERY single artifact, black tome, amulet of resurrection, potion of literacy, si, etc..at least one time each.
    Maybe it's not possible, I don't know, 'cause would need a lot of games, can't be reached in a single game, but would force players to run every class to scout artifacts pools.
    After hundreds of games I still have some artifact that I've never gained.

If exist, forget what I said, I can't find a complete list.

Some artifacts are race/class specific, like those for CK, duelist and mist elves.
    Plus some are semi-guaranteed like the dwarven shield, as conditions for obtaining it are vague at least.
    Some artifacts are mutually exclusive, like amulet and shield of raw steel versus true strength, unless kherab accepts druid and dwarf killed by pets.
    Apparently it's possible to obtain chaos trinity without committing any chaotic acts, assuming the quests themselves are not chaotic.
    It's theoretically possible to get a farmer corpse without killing one.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Some artifacts are race/class specific, like those for CK, duelist and mist elves.
    Plus some are semi-guaranteed like the dwarven shield, as conditions for obtaining it are vague at least.
    Some artifacts are mutually exclusive, like amulet and shield of raw steel versus true strength, unless kherab accepts druid and dwarf killed by pets.
    Apparently it's possible to obtain chaos trinity without committing any chaotic acts, assuming the quests themselves are not chaotic.
    It's theoretically possible to get a farmer corpse without killing one.
    Pretty sure some of the crone's quests are chaotic (maybe receiving the Medal itself is).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.