Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Adom grandmaster:

Well, my trusty yellow ooze at some point lost interest in being companion.... probably difference in levels?
    Back to planning... can bard generate enough spellbooks/wands of MM [guess, booze counts too] to nuke molochs...

So roll a bard with Healing/Concentration/Pick Pockets and Alchemy [for booze - ideally carrot juice+herb].

Anyone managed to get the lithium man achievement? I just finished a lithium man run but did not get the achievement. Does getting ambushed in the wilderness count as an extra location?

Quote Originally Posted by torc View Post
    Anyone managed to get the lithium man achievement? I just finished a lithium man run but did not get the achievement. Does getting ambushed in the wilderness count as an extra location?
    This achievement may be bugged. I suspect it counts the Ogre Cave, Unreal Caves, maybe even the S: area or DH as a separate area, making it virtually impossible to finish. I don't know of anyone who has actually successfully got this achievement.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

For Eternium man, do you guys think one may do wilderness encounters?
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    For Eternium man, do you guys think one may do wilderness encounters?
    Depends on your definition of 'may' honestly, no?

Per classic challenge definitely no, for steam achievement unlocking purpose likely yes.

As far as Lithium goes... I did without S or Ogre cave [and IIRC, wilderness encounters do not matter for other achievements like iron man]. So it is either DH, Unreal Caves or something else.

p.s. Does anyone have char roller for recent versions of the game?
    Last edited by Soirana; 01-13-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    p.s. Does anyone have char roller for recent versions of the game?
    I got one, although it is not very fast (maybe 10,000 chars per hour), works only for linux and latest ASCII version (that is r61 or something, not steam). Saves are compatible with latest steam version though. Lets you choose stats, talents, items (backpack only, no inventory) and corruptions.

Can put it online somewhere in few days if there is interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post

Per classic challenge definitely no, for steam achievement unlocking purpose likely yes.
    Yes, was asking wrt Steam achievement. If so, then one can basically just do a Steel man and then do your final few kills in SMC?
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Yes, was asking wrt Steam achievement. If so, then one can basically just do a Steel man and then do your final few kills in SMC?
    Yeah, I suggested that on wiki page. Although Io would prefer doing it properly.

As far as Linux roller goes.... Well, I could run Linux, adom and roller on virtual machine. Are Linux and Windows saves compatible? [My latest crazy idea involves white necromancy and clay statues, but it has some serious issues.
    Overall, I ruled out anything but bard [will take a lot of grinding to get materials to kill molochs], invisible wizard [bookcast invis] with summon monster [bookcast too] and alarm traps and white necro with clay statue...].

Based on my reading of this thread, you have to do 6 ultras (3 intentional fail w/o trident?) for the achievements?

That makes savegame cheating really tempting lol.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    Based on my reading of this thread, you have to do 6 ultras (3 intentional fail w/o trident?) for the achievements?

That makes savegame cheating really tempting lol.
    Just 5. No need to fail UCE.