Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assassin: Drakeling, Troll, or Hurthling? (spoily content)

I've observed my Str potential increasing immediately after eating a giant corpse in R50. I'm not sure about the steam versions.
    My impression is that any giant/ogre which can normally grant an immediate Str increase, can also grant a potential Str increase. The potential increase is rarer, and it might only be possible if the Str limit of the giant is much higher than your max strength.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    There are several types of corpse effects in ADOM. Some grant stat increases following the universal ADOM chance progression (dark orcs, stone giants, great wyrms and others). Most giants (frost and fire) and ogres have their own chance progression which does not seem to affect the stat at the potential.
    Normally I would say I agree on observation, but I just got ST potential increase from 21 to 22 with regular stone giant [cursed corpse also].
    So exact mechanics remain unknown....

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Normally I would say I agree on observation, but I just got ST potential increase from 21 to 22 with regular stone giant [cursed corpse also].
    So exact mechanics remain unknown....
    Well, I stand corrected then. Maybe giant corpse increases (I checked the dark sources of IGB) still grant increases because they use base stat chance on top of percentage schemes, while ogres seem to be a thing in their own. The more St increases, the better (although I ate so much frost giants with below 20 St at potential max without any effect).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Well, I ate like 50+ stone giants on this char + some number on others and it is first such increase for me, so I am not sure if munching them has much of practical applications, but apparently it can happen.