Thread: Is this a bug/intended?

Default Is this a bug/intended?

I just had a character that was doing very well (saved khelly and got scrolls of corruption removal from dwarven mystic) die from teleporting into the Haggar vault while invisible.

I had walked up to everything and moved around it without making them suspicious so i figured i could teleport in and see what the rest of vault looked like but as soon as I teleported in they turned hostile (and punched through my armor and killed me) even though I was still invisible.

Invisibility has been seriously nerfed in the prereleases.
    When monsters become hostile to you, even when you are permanently invisible and they don't see through invis, they will try to hit you in the spot where you stand.
    Apparently randomly but I personally think invisibility has been totally screwed up. Human player can never follow invisible monsters and hit them as reliably as monsters vs PC.
    So yes, this is intended behavior, even if (in my opinion) broken.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I feel like I've noticed monsters either staggering around looking for me or sometimes even sniffing me out depending on the monster and maybe some other factors. Haven't quite figured out exactly what feels different though.

But this was in a vault where if you're invisible and they don't notice you they literally don't move or anything else (like running into a tension room while invisible) but as soon as I teleported in they became hostile. That's what I'm talking about, not the fact that they hit me even while I was invisible, I knew that would happen.

It's based on stealth too. Even invisible chars will cause monsters to become hostile when you teleport next to them.
    Probably has something to do with sudden air displacement.
    Having max stealth and stealthy talent helps in this regard though.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

It might have to do with stealth but I have a hunch that if you had 100 stealth and stealthy and invisibility you would still aggravate non-moving monsters in a vault if you teleported next to them. I guess it's mostly that I feel a bit cheated that I want this to be a bug or something because I thought it was perfectly reasonably that I could teleport while invisible. Oh well, at least I won't do that again.