Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roguelikes

Default Roguelikes

I think I must be in a minority here when I say that ADOM is just about the only roguelike I have ever played (apart perhaps from Toejam and Earl)! I dont even really like the fantasy genre but the depth of ADOM is amazing, the quest system is great fun, there are so many different ways to die and the game doesn't take itself too seriously. I wondered if there were any other good roguelikes that I might enjoy. I had a quick look at Nethack once but got very bored after about 5 minutes.

Rogue is quite fun, and simple too. *looks over shoulder and mutters something about emus*
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

Dwarf fortress.
    Not much to do in the roguelike part of it, though. But still much fun:
    The spinning live fly hits the elf swordmaster itn the head. It explodes in gore. elf swordmasters brain is broken
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

DoomRL - great simple quick mayhem
    why so serious?...

STONE SOUP DUNGEON CRAWL!

Great game!
    I never won a Adom game...

Besides Adom, I enjoy playing few other roguelikes:

NetHack - great game. I love NH for its complexity and details(and for interesing gameplay, and many other things). Also one of NetHack's variants catched up my attention - Slash'EM

Dwarf Fortress

DoomRL

UnReal World(this game is great, too bad only that it isn't freeware)

I second DoomRL - one of the few other roguelikes I actually play (other then occasionally look at)

If you're wanting something different - you can always look at the 7DRL entrants - have a look at http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopme...L_Contest_2008

My favorite apart from ADOM is T.O.M.E. It has some quests but is more random than ADOM.

I've played a lot of roguelikes. ADOM and DwarfFort are the only ones that I can keep playing without getting incredibly bored.

Nethack and Slash'em - They where awesome for a time. Though eventually I got bored with them. Think its because ADOM offers some form of character customization.

I loathe the lord of the rings roguelike

My roguelike playing time:

ADOM -- 95&#37;
    DoomRL -- 4%
    Rogue, Angband, Zangband, TOME, Nethack, Crawl, Berserk!, Dwarf Fortress -- 1%
    Last edited by Mad Minstrel; 03-29-2008 at 09:44 AM.