Thread: Are non-unique teleporting monsters immune to forced teleportation?

Default Are non-unique teleporting monsters immune to forced teleportation?

I have a troll standing next to one of the levers with a balor on top of it. I would very much like for the balor to go away without having to kill it since I'm trying to win without reaching level 21. The plan I've worked out so far is to wish for speed, zap a wand of tp, step on the lever, handle it, step off, and zap a wand of destruction. This hinges of course on the balor being susceptible to teleportation. Does anyone have any information on whether it's feasible?
    Munxip, the human shopkeeper grunts at you in a friendly manner. Munxip, the human shopkeeper hits you.

I don't think there's a link between teleporting ability and teleport resistance. Myself, I'd try teleporting the balor, and if it doesn't work I'd just aggro and walk around him or teleport myself on top of the lever. If your troll has trollish toughness levels and you've collected the kind of equipment you tend to collect before D:50, you should be able to tank a couple of hits if need be. I also don't know what the wish for speed is for, or why you're bothered about reaching level 21, so I'm probably not going to be very useful at all.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The speed would be because I only have enough zaps of tp available to move the balor and myself the few times I need in order to handle the lever and get out; I don't want to risk another monster taking his place. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem because of the lever's placement, but I stupidly destroyed the walls and there are more balors ready to take his place. I can afford a few hits both in terms of damage and corruption. The reason I want don't want to level up is because the Steam version caps the Titanium man achievement at level 20. If I go over, it won't be a big deal. Obviously, I'd rather win on level 21 than die on level 20. Thanks for for your input!
    Munxip, the human shopkeeper grunts at you in a friendly manner. Munxip, the human shopkeeper hits you.