Thread: Your mood darkens.

Default Your mood darkens.

Got a level 23 dwarven priest, currently in CoC after doing ice queen, tothk and toef. I got that message your mood darkens, and I have never seen that one before in my years of playing this game. I lost blessed status you get from crowning, is that only thing that happens when that message comes up? (Don't know if it relevant, but I did go from N to C for a moment, eating too many undead corpses from GUV heh. I was level 19ish at that time. I went to nearby altar and got myself back to N, was still blessed at that time.) Can I get back to being blessed or not? If not, only drawback is food consumption afaik, is there anything else I might be unaware of?

Sounds like you lost the blessing from the ice queen (which wears off after a while).

But I was blessed from being crowned before I started ice queen quests.

Edit: Maybe I did lose the blessing when my alignment shifted from N to C, but the text blessed didnt go away from the screen (didnt re-draw screen)?

If it's true that you were crowned neutral, then converted to C at some point, you should have become a fallen champion, which probably causes the blessing to either disappear instantly or eventually run out. Unfortunately, I've yet to become a fallen champion, so I don't know exactly what happens. But "Your mood darkens" is definitely the message you get when a blessing wears off; you can try it by casting Bless on yourself and waiting for it to run out.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Ok, thanks for the replies. Even after years of playing some things surprise you .