Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luckiest Moments!

Wyrmlance is one of the most useful artifacts in my opinion. ACW falls easy with it, and those GDV with dragons galore are made significantly easier and less annoying with it. I got Cloak of Oman as a precrown this game, not bad, but no teleport control = annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by santamaria View Post
    I'm excited to get wyrmlance. I've never had it before and it looks pretty cool, and should go well with a monk's bonus DV, and will probably be handy on a certain enemy in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman12369 View Post
    Wyrmlance is one of the most useful artifacts in my opinion. ACW falls easy with it, and those GDV with dragons galore are made significantly easier and less annoying with it.
    Oh you sweet summer children. Enjoy your Wyrmlance excitement for it will not last forever.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Why? Do you mean it is not good, or that it will be nerfed in future releases? :O

In my most recent game I was on D48 and didn't have wand of destruction and had only 2 SOCR, no wishes. Some karmic dragon decided to give me not one but two RoDS.

Dang! I've never gotten two wishing items from one monster! Most recent game, I got Wand of Wishing with only one measly charge... Still, I got excited, and two wishes are not too shabby!

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Oh you sweet summer children. Enjoy your Wyrmlance excitement for it will not last forever.
    Yeah. Lasted maybe a few minutes. Even half an hour. But then I went back to the shield and the poisonous adamantium mace. Upgraded later to mace of destruction. Shields are just too good for me to not use.

Well, if I use enough scrolls of protection and defense, shields are just adding more DV on top of high DV. I usually take things out quick with Wyrmlance. Careful play with ranged weapons means you won't die easily, even without a shield. Also, spears give a nice DV bonus on top. I usually play with spear and shield, but every game I got Wyrmlance, I used it a significant part of the game!

Dang! I've never gotten two wishing items from one monster! Most recent game, I got Wand of Wishing with only one measly charge... Still, I got excited, and two wishes are not too shabby!
    That's RNG at it's finest. Usually I don't seen any RoDS drop, but when I really needed one I got two. Also had 2 artifacts as random drops, they were crap tho (scorched spear and perion's) since I Was level 35ish.
    And about wand of wishing, I have seen only one of those, was cool to find one (and die shortly after it, thank you RNG/own stupidity)

Why? Do you mean it is not good, or that it will be nerfed in future releases? :O
    It's the single one artifact with a higher chance of generation, resulting in it being a common precrown.
    It's a mediocre weapon boasting pretty much the same damage as a simple eternium halberd. It's only slaying power is dragons which is almost useless except for a couple of monsters. It doesn't give any intrinsics except useless stun resistance.

Sure, it's better than a lot of crappy artifacts, but it's incredibly plain.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Was playing a thief and in the UD found an adamantium dagger of devastation. Had to go several levels before I could remove a cursed dagger, finally put on that awesome dagger, and next door was exploding runes that destroyed it

Saved and stopped playing that character in disgust right then.