Thread: So apparently I generated an extra artifact...

Default So apparently I generated an extra artifact...

And I don't know what it was. Lv 13, trying to pre crown, got to extremely close, prayed, prayer unanswered. Figured I'd try again level 14, and I got protector.

Now, I know I picked up the si, but I haven't seen any other artifacts. None in shops, and I haven't gotten a surge of power (pretty sure I would have noticed). No ankh/AMW, no elemental gauntlets because I haven't even been to either location.

Short of going back, picking up every item in every dungeon (approx. seven total) I've been to, any way to narrow down where it might have been?

Did you get potion of literacy? It is also considered an artifact. There is also a chance of generating moon sickle relatively early.

Out of other artifacts, low DL ones are more likely. Skullcrusher, silver key, whirlwind are very common, but hard to miss. Saint of shirts is common and when unidentified looks like clothes, so easy to miss. Lust for Glory (DL 12 according to wiki) looks like small shield. I would look in vaults as those generate a lot of junk.

I can't believe I was that dumb. Yes, it was the potion. Good call. Thank you.

Edit: I (usually) never play illiterate characters, so that's why I forgot. DE barbarian was the culprit.

Nowadays you get the potion even on literate characters if your Literacy is low enough (according to wiki below 50 is requirement). Which means everyone else except spellcasters get the potion unless you invest skill points to it before DF quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    Nowadays you get the potion even on literate characters if your Literacy is low enough (according to wiki below 50 is requirement). Which means everyone else except spellcasters get the potion unless you invest skill points to it before DF quest.
    Isn't it a good idea to get your Literacy to at least 50 anyway? I've noticed a pretty high fail rate of reading scrolls if Literacy is lower than 50.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to keep your Literacy lower just to get an extra ratling fodder if planing an Ultra.