Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwarftown and swapping places

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    The act itself doesn't make the town hostile, or even the shopkeeper.
    I had this happen recently but I was cautious and did not hit the dwarf in question.
    I led him upstairs, passing the shop on my way out and slew him outside of DT.
    Town hostility happens when you actually take a hostile action against the dwarf in question, which is often the case accidentally because you fail to notice that he turned hostile and running into him again acts like an attack instead of swapping.
    I used to have this happen fairly regularly because I *wouldn't* notice when the dwarf turns hostile because I was holding down a direction key to cross dwarftown (of course it's not possible to 'w'alk across the place either). Now I don't do that anymore. It just seems like autoswapping isn't very helpful in these cases because it makes it seem like holding down the direction key is a safe thing when it really isn't, if the player has to pay attention to avoid or notice hostile dwarves.

I agree it's a pain, and perhaps an unintended side effect of the change that was made to improve the flow of the game in towns. It might merit a feature request: "Friendly creatures can't become hostile on a swap".

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    I used to have this happen fairly regularly because I *wouldn't* notice when the dwarf turns hostile because I was holding down a direction key to cross dwarftown (of course it's not possible to 'w'alk across the place either). Now I don't do that anymore. It just seems like autoswapping isn't very helpful in these cases because it makes it seem like holding down the direction key is a safe thing when it really isn't, if the player has to pay attention to avoid or notice hostile dwarves.
    if you are careful, autoswaping is nice, since it doesn't consume a turn. I use it regularly to catch those questgivers in terrynio ,who apparently try to runaway from me everytime, especially Tywat Pare