Thread: duelist questions

Default duelist questions

hi guys

so i rolled a duelist and i got crowned with Trusted One. I have lvl9 in swords and lvl 0 in Maces. Should i run with the Trusted One, or Big Punch?

The early weapon proficiency levels are trained very fast, especially with a duelist. So you don't need to worry about that. If you wield a weapon that you have little training with yet, you'll learn soon enough.

My choice would be to wield Big Punch and switch to Trusted One when you need the resistances. However, it depends on how bad the weight is for your character. Duelists should never be burdened, since it will stop their awesome class powers from working.

It also depends on how much PV you have. If it's low, the +7 PV from Trusted One might be nice to have.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    The early weapon proficiency levels are trained very fast, especially with a duelist. So you don't need to worry about that. If you wield a weapon that you have little training with yet, you'll learn soon enough.

My choice would be to wield Big Punch and switch to Trusted One when you need the resistances. However, it depends on how bad the weight is for your character. Duelists should never be burdened, since it will stop their awesome class powers from working.

It also depends on how much PV you have. If it's low, the +7 PV from Trusted One might be nice to have.
    it's a bit of a problem, the weight, but i can drop some stuff and run unburdened with Big Punch. My PV at the moment is 19 (or 16? i forgot) without Trusted One.

With Big Punch my DV drops below 20, which is kinda low for my liking. But i guess i could train some mace levels in the higher CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    it's a bit of a problem, the weight, but i can drop some stuff and run unburdened with Big Punch. My PV at the moment is 19 (or 16? i forgot) without Trusted One.

With Big Punch my DV drops below 20, which is kinda low for my liking. But i guess i could train some mace levels in the higher CoC.
    If your PV is over 16 you should be fine even with a lowish DV. Once you train up your mace you'll get the duelist bonus anyway which will give you at least +10 dv. Also the extra damage from big punch means your enemies die quicker so you take less damage.

Trusted one is the worst crowning gift for a duelist tbh, you'll be ditching it soon.

Keeping in mind that you should try to get all weapon levels to a decent level with duelist, so that when your class power kicks in, you have most weapons at grand mastery allowing alot of flexibility, incase you find an excellent weapon late in the game (ie: executor).