Thread: NaNoWriMo 2015

Default NaNoWriMo 2015

Hey guys, is anyone up for this year's NaNoWriMo?

Last year I managed to dish out ~25k words and then failed miserably but perhaps this time I will be more successful.
    3 days in and I'm sitting at almost 6,5k words, more than the predicted daily minimum.
    I hope to keep up with the pace.

Any other people attempting it?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

That's an interesting initiative, first time I've heard about this. I don't think I'll participate though, and not even because it's already four days in, but because I don't have any complete ideas in my head to start right away. I have two incomplete ones but with the strong pace I'd have to take up (almost 2000 words a day? damn!) I'm sure I'd run myself into a plot corner fast. Not to mention writing actual fiction in English rather than just forum posts is a painful and slow process and I'm pretty disillusioned with writing in my native language in general, but I digress.

Anyway, I wish good luck to anybody participating.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Well, 1666 words daily is not that big of a feat, it's doable in two hours.
    I had absolutely no plan when I started, only a very broad range of potential themes and when I started, everything sort of came on its own.
    Last year I started around day 5th and still managed to catch up though like I mentioned, I have eventually lost the steam and trailed behind.
    The story wasn't abandoned though, it's still out there and I have learned a lot during the couple of days that I committed to it.

It's worth a shot and even if English is not my (or your) native tongue, it's perhaps the one I read the most books in.

I guess I could still join in, although itīs a bit late to start now. Did the summer camp one time before. What is your nickname on there?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    I guess I could still join in, although itīs a bit late to start now. Did the summer camp one time before. What is your nickname on there?
    The same as here.

Never tried such things but from what I've heard, any deadlines are a creative killer. Maybe a nice entertainment though.

EDIT. Lol, found a perfect description for my country there, "Elsewhere in Europe". So fitting.
    Last edited by sweetnothing; 11-09-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    Freedom through action!