Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Queen Domain

Default Ice Queen Domain

After so many travellings through the IQD, i am so much annoyed by the toppling winds, at first it was something new and nice, but now it's just annoying. At least if there would've been some shortcut from the surface to the throne room, but as it is, traversing it several times is just so boring.

Is it just me or there are other people who feel the same?

I do think it can be a bit irritating, but I've never found it boring.

I tend to compare the Ice Queen Domain, to the Minotaur Maze, an interesting side area with neat stuff but lots of trouble also, both generic(monsters) and Specific(false levels/toppling winds).

That I think is as it should be.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by ghostjghost View Post
    I do think it can be a bit irritating, but I've never found it boring.

I tend to compare the Ice Queen Domain, to the Minotaur Maze, an interesting side area with neat stuff but lots of trouble also, both generic(monsters) and Specific(false levels/toppling winds).

That I think is as it should be.
    There's absolutely no trouble at all in IQD once you have invisibility. It's zero challenge and a lot of tedious travelling through those levels.

In my last ~10 games I have only visited the throne room once each game.
    The only thing that matters here is getting the FGJC caves opened, to get to the greater vault.
    The Ice Queen quests are entirely forgettable and I don't remember when was the last time I actually finished them.
    I can't even be bothered telling her that Haggar is dead, much less doing anything more.
    The whole place feels unfinished and empty; I'll just wait for it to be completed in some future prerelease and then maybe give it one more shot.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    In my last ~10 games I have only visited the throne room once each game.
    The only thing that matters here is getting the FGJC caves opened, to get to the greater vault.
    The Ice Queen quests are entirely forgettable and I don't remember when was the last time I actually finished them.
    I can't even be bothered telling her that Haggar is dead, much less doing anything more.
    The whole place feels unfinished and empty; I'll just wait for it to be completed in some future prerelease and then maybe give it one more shot.
    She has pretty good rewards, so i always do them.

I think the toppling winds were a net plus for the IQD. I certainly had some panic with them while trying to cross unspoiled.

It is pretty tedious to traverse back and forth to get the quest updates, but I always figured that was to increase turncount/corruption. I usually play very conscious of final score now so it's a consideration whether I want to spend the turns trekking in and out of the IQD, down to Haggar for the vault etc, or just skip because of the turns required.

I don't know why the place is a no-teleport area, when 1. the spell's cost was increased, 2. so much open space means you will want to teleport, if you're able to.
    "And light there be!"

Her rewards for an N player are excellent and well worth the trouble. The wind is annoying but it's worth it. I wouldn't be opposed to a shortcut near the throne room.
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

Quote Originally Posted by boat View Post
    Her rewards for an N player are excellent and well worth the trouble. The wind is annoying but it's worth it. I wouldn't be opposed to a shortcut near the throne room.
    aren't the rewards the same for all, since she gives them only to non-chaotics?

I'm pretty sure L and N charcters get the same rewards.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."