Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM random artifact poll

Default ADOM random artifact poll

This poll was inspired by a divij's post in the Wyrmlance thread. Pretty sure this was done multiple times by various people, but I decided to do it anyway.

Let's see which artifacts people are happy to see in greater vaults, from power surges (yeah, right) and precrownings.

You can vote here -- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1egx...?usp=send_form

Hopefully I haven't screwed up anything.
    Really interested in how people view controversial stuff like Celestrix.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    This poll was inspired by a divij's post in the Wyrmlance thread. Pretty sure this was done multiple times by various people, but I decided to do it anyway.

Let's see which artifacts people are happy to see in greater vaults, from power surges (yeah, right) and precrownings.

You can vote here -- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1egx...?usp=send_form

Hopefully I haven't screwed up anything.
    Really interested in how people view controversial stuff like Celestrix.
    some of those artifacts i've never encountered (Ayala's holy scarf, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    some of those artifacts i've never encountered (Ayala's holy scarf, for example).
    You can leave the corresponding fields empty.

Some things are worth commenting on: Justifier is garbage for every char except Pal, for whom it's legendary epic.
    Some artifacts come into use relatively late in the game at a point when you can handle their negative sides - celestrix in the early-mid game is quite bad but for D:50 and possibly mana temple/BDC, it's pretty amazing.
    Scorched spear saved my life once or twice due to ice immunity but it's otherwise not too exciting. How do I rate it then?
    I hate teleportitis so Cloak of Oman got "bad" from me though I suppose the majority will rate it much more highly.

Still, I think some stuff is universally great, no matter the r/c combination.
    Notably: Bracers of War, Preserver, Havlor. Maybe Executor.
    I love Sun's Messenger and would take it over Farslayer, which doesn't mean Farslayer is bad, far from that.
    Some artifacts that occupy the same slot simply take precedence even if all of them are great.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Where can we view the results?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Where can we view the results?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Check out second sheet for some barely presentable info. If there is enough data, I might play with some graphs later.

Whoever rated Preserver as "good" and Executor as "average" has clearly never played this game before.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 04-14-2015 at 08:00 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Somebody rated Havlor average, equally baffling.

I'm glad that the Black Tome of Assofuckus is universally the most despised. I love that artifact so much, just a slap in the face from the RNG.

I think I would find at least one good, situational use for the Black Tome, versus Black Thumb. The latter is truly the worst artifact in the game.
    Cat's Dick is also around there somewhere but its awfulness is legendary to the point where it becomes camp and people make jokes about it.
    Whirlshit is pretty poor as well but this is escalated by the fact it's DL1 and can often be generated in the black market or as a surge of power in early dungeons, ruining your precrown progress.