After 2 false starts, I managed to finish my first game on 1.2, and first win in 4 years.

Myst, L41 Mist elf Priest. 10995262 xps. 99135 turns. SCORE: 8182488

I like the changes to stat potential and herbs...unusual for me to be sitting at 9 toughness through the middle game, even after finding herbs galore. More challenging this way. I never got any +PV talents, it took so long to raise toughness that I was dressed in solid armor anyway.

This was almost a YASD, I entered IC unspoiled...no fire spells, okay, but no teleport and I was suddenly faced with some angry ice-things, low speed due to bloated/strained, and no way to escape. Finally dropped some stuff and used hurt-at-coward to escape. I came back at level 30 and did the two quests.

Also darkforge was a nasty surprise, I entered just to loot the armor/weapons rooms...again a nice change, it was too easy before. I did manage to get a black dragon scale mail out of there with random teleports, so got lucky to escape.

Later on I found out about mist elves and elemental gauntlets, bummer, but I managed.

Main weapon in midgame was rolf's axe (toughness bonus helped my low HP pool) and a penetrating axe I found, latter got use throughout game.

I got crowned with Staff of Creation, a bit underwhelming but some places I combined it with water orb to make some really huge ball spells. Sadly I only ever found Ice ball. That and some other useful books were found in rift.

Found 3 greater vaults, First was giants, got B-Cloak from there, since I had enough food it was more or less used throughout rest of the game. This was on level after the cat lord - I had managed to keep him happy, due to early "calm monster" spell and later on due to music. Inside the vault, out of reach in a hallway was a cat. Thanks. Never getting that bloody ring again.

Next vault was in frost jarl place, fire creatures. Got death blade (never used) and Serpent's bite (used).

Last vault deep in CoC, greater undead. Only one emperor lich, but didn't really need anything so I passed, was eager to just finish the game. Artifacts generated list told me that Shirt of saints was generated there, so nothing I needed.

Fight against Nuurg-Vaarn was the toughest (had ice ball/freezing fury for ACW). I had no light (though I had light amulet, but turns out no), so I kept re-lighting after he'd cast darkness. Killed him close up with serpent's bite. He hit me once with energy ray, had 250 HPs at this time (equipped earth orb) so survived.

Finished D:50 with monster creation trick, first time I've done it, but eager to finish. Probably why my score was so low, it's actually lowest of my 14 wins.

I think there is a lot of corruption removal available in this game. I didn't do bug temple, I didn't save Khelly, I didn't visit dwarven mystic while N and I didn't get the tome from conan the librarian either...still had extra removal on D:50 in case I got nasty corruptions (had to remove very light corruption twice, it dropped my HPs from 270 to 160 or so). After finish I killed black unicorn, cleaned away my 4 corruptions for a clean finish.