Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: training in gremlin caves

Default training in gremlin caves

Is it safe? If i slaughter mass of gremlins it is reasonable easy to
    slain 500 or maybe 1000 of 2000 maybe 3000 of them improving
    highly axe level, (not sure if train shield to)
    but im afraid of gremlins get so though that i couldnt escape..
    wonder if i should slain them a bit more yet

It is not safe for your consciousness . I would go mad after 100 kills, it is too boring.
    Usually you can train your weapon in CoC while descending (~50 levels full of monsters should be enough).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    It is not safe for your consciousness . I would go mad after 100 kills, it is too boring.
    Usually you can train your weapon in CoC while descending (~50 levels full of monsters should be enough).
    but in coc you scould do it quick, like in 10 minutes,..
    but still im not sure if this is safe, in corridor it is safe
    but if they fill the stairs room then im not sure

http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Gremlin_bomb

There's a little talk about gremlin manipulation here, but they don't say a lot about how to escape safely.

If you are going to use the gremlin cave, are fast, and can disarm traps, you could try to leave just a single room with one exit that had gremlins and a water trap. You could just stand in the hallway leading to that room and kill them that way. I don't *think* they could get behind you and block you in if you did that.

It does seem like there is quite a bit of range when they spawn from water traps, sometimes, though.

Are you really that desperate for the axe marks? You'll get plenty just by playing naturally. The way weapon skill grows is really well balanced, IMO, so that even if you pick up a new weapon type late game you can get decent at it pretty quickly without going out of you way to do this kind of stuff.

If you have the Light spell, the Gremlin cave is pretty easily managed.
    And in a Couple wands of Door Creation means you pretty much have total control of when and where they spawn.

Dig a looong tunnel, let gremlins multiply, maybe add a couple water traps in it. Hold 4, then hold 6, then 4...

I used to frequently use gremlin caves to jump a weapon proficiency level to ~9 in something like 5 minutes.
    It's a perfectly valid technique but bear in mind that after around 3,5k gremlins killed, there will occasionally appear supergremlins, due to same monster type slain.
    Those are pretty much extremely experienced gremlins that hit much like stuff in SMC would, so expect multiple attacks and frequent armor penetrations.
    ~200 HP and ~30 PV and you're good to go. Watch your HP though, especially after the 3k kills mark.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    Are you really that desperate for the axe marks? You'll get plenty just by playing naturally. The way weapon skill grows is really well balanced, IMO, so that even if you pick up a new weapon type late game you can get decent at it pretty quickly without going out of you way to do this kind of stuff.
    not su much, to get 13-14 level you need to slain about 10k monsters,
    in gremlin cave it is managable by 10-15 minutes or so, in real caves...
    whole game or about

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Gremlin_bomb

There's a little talk about gremlin manipulation here, but they don't say a lot about how to escape safely.

If you are going to use the gremlin cave, are fast, and can disarm traps, you could try to leave just a single room with one exit that had gremlins and a water trap. You could just stand in the hallway leading to that room and kill them that way. I don't *think* they could get behind you and block you in if you did that.

It does seem like there is quite a bit of range when they spawn from water traps, sometimes, though.
    what if they are in exit room with stairs, they fill up so quick that it is hard to move on another square there.. if i will be catchd this way is there easy escape method?
    (like use wand of light and then the dor creation around the stairs,
    or maybe set the dor cerations around the stairs at start lock them with keys then teleport to stairs...
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Dig a looong tunnel, let gremlins multiply, maybe add a couple water traps in it. Hold 4, then hold 6, then 4...

I used to frequently use gremlin caves to jump a weapon proficiency level to ~9 in something like 5 minutes.
    It's a perfectly valid technique but bear in mind that after around 3,5k gremlins killed, there will occasionally appear supergremlins, due to same monster type slain.
    Those are pretty much extremely experienced gremlins that hit much like stuff in SMC would, so expect multiple attacks and frequent armor penetrations.
    ~200 HP and ~30 PV and you're good to go. Watch your HP though, especially after the 3k kills mark.
    good warning, i was not aware of this, im tough (500 HP and 70 PV) but problem
    is they are filling space quick and hard to move in empty space, or maybe exit by dors