Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternium man considerations for the newest versions

Default Eternium man considerations for the newest versions

Well, the Eternium man challenge is considered the most difficult by many players. Staying until level 50 in the location with extreme danger level and quite poor loot is not a thing to be accomplished easily. I've read the victory post for Eternium man, but the victory was achieved for v.1.1.1, with use of scumming techniques: gremlin bombing, pickpocketing, starting a wish engine, wishing for ancient karmic wyrms in a 2x2 room and killing them with the wand of far slaying, while wearing AoLS. This way to achieve Eternium man became impossible since 1.2.0, when most of scumming techniques has been fixed.
    So I have some questions to ADOM community. Does anyone have some ideas concerning Eternium man victory in the newest releases? Or maybe did anyone try EM challenge to make it significantly far? That is something I'd like to know

Then Eternium man become a challenge to beat the previous record?

Possibly easiest way is to spawn SMC with an altar, then get your luck to run out. A couple sacrifices should take you to level 50 easily enough.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I thought sacrificing monster gives only a tiny amount of experience. I actually had an altar in SMC once and it was an easy way to explore it as sacrificing monster gave me almost no xp at all.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter Fox View Post
    I thought sacrificing monster gives only a tiny amount of experience. I actually had an altar in SMC once and it was an easy way to explore it as sacrificing monster gave me almost no xp at all.
    Sacrificing gives something like 5% of base monster xp.

"Luck runs out" is a special state that you get when the game detects you've hacked your savegame. Monsters are at stupidly high level, and a bunch of other nasty effects happen (your items randomly disappear, for example). However, because the monster levels are so high, they give an awful lot of experience if you can kill them through one of the few available means--including sacrifice.

[edit]For a less scummy attempt, I'd probably go with a paladin, hit a lawful altar and hope for Justifier crowning. Or a CK and hope for spiked armor maybe.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 06-02-2015 at 05:10 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderpanzer View Post
    So I have some questions to ADOM community. Does anyone have some ideas concerning Eternium man victory in the newest releases? Or maybe did anyone try EM challenge to make it significantly far? That is something I'd like to know
    the key problem last time was

1) food
    2) monster generation was bugged and eventually stopped generating

the current gardening skill allows you to plant herbs on any level, so food shouldn't be a problem for say, a monk hurthling.

pretty sure monster generation is now fixed too.

so it is possible, i think prior to the gremlin bombing "solution" the record was around level 20 which was a monk (for less food) who was fighting spawning worms (back when monster scaling wasn't in)

excessive scumming you could potentially try with a wizard

1) hurtling wizard for gardening
    2) find herb seeds / potions of water
    3) altar
    4) start with teleport / magic lock / wand of door creation / powerful spell

then setup a room to harvest your herbs for healing etc. IIRC monsters in the SMC are very unlikely to be able to open doors. Certainly they won't kick down locked doors too often.

From there you could potentially open door, blast away, close door, heal mana, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    [edit]For a less scummy attempt, I'd probably go with a paladin, hit a lawful altar and hope for Justifier crowning. Or a CK and hope for spiked armor maybe.
    Paladin with justifier is worth considering. You'd also want be really lucky with equipment. The other issue would be getting to L+ would be almost impossible in the small cave, which would mean you'd need get crowned neutral, which would potentially create issues since you would need to be in the cave for 10s of thousands of turns.

CK with an altar is good one - you can sac everything, you could get some powerful corruptions and your crowning gift would be really strong.

The "double your level" becomes really excessive at about level 40, i'm not sure even with really good equipment it is possible with a melee character. i remember having an archmage go through a couple of AOLS trying to farm exp in the SMC since you get an experienced quickening queen and your in a bit of trouble. Thats why i like the Wizard option. Archer is also not a bad idea, though you might run out of arrows.

Luck's a fortune, i think the only legtimate brimstone man was something like altar + bracers of war + other excessive luck.

Get a wizard with summon monsters book and scroll of familiar summon [I guess calm monster book could work in theory].

Gnome wizard [hobbit less so] with talent granting month should be able hit book-casting talents at lv3 I think.

So bookcast summon monsters, get pet/companion kill them. Repeat until enough stuff/wishes generated.

Do book summoned monsters drop loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Paladin with justifier is worth considering. You'd also want be really lucky with equipment. The other issue would be getting to L+ would be almost impossible in the small cave, which would mean you'd need get crowned neutral, which would potentially create issues since you would need to be in the cave for 10s of thousands of turns.
    Right, chaotic crowning might be better then. Neutral crowning is bad since you can't sac a lot of monsters... you end up gaining xp too quickly before you get crowned. Whipping might be an option to get to L+ if you can find one. Goblin slavemasters drop them pretty commonly now. Drakeling paladins also start with 3 random weapons...