Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most common death?

Default Most common death?

Earlier there was a post of stats from the YAVP thread have anything similar been done from the YASD?

I guess a lot of early deaths don't get posted.
    I tend to die a lot early on from:
    vortex, early ogre magi and tarantula (or poison from other spiders before a chance to eat a corpse)
    Whatever when boxed in corridor from both sides while already at low hps, low pv, crappy weapon out of ammo.

Less common: wand of ball lightning, disease, traps (often they begin detoriation with lowering hps and/or item destruction).

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Earlier there was a post of stats from the YAVP thread have anything similar been done from the YASD?

I guess a lot of early deaths don't get posted.
    I tend to die a lot early on from:
    vortex, early ogre magi and tarantula (or poison from other spiders before a chance to eat a corpse)
    Whatever when boxed in corridor from both sides while already at low hps, low pv, crappy weapon out of ammo.

Less common: wand of ball lightning, disease, traps (often they begin detoriation with lowering hps and/or item destruction).
    could check highscore list and note down most common deaths -,-

when i check the highscore i see the various reasons of death, most reopeating is "stone block" trap, that often can kill me when i am even altready level 12 or so,..
    Other popular deaths is just get killed by some more tough monster in early game (ogre magus, lightning lizard. giant slug, ant warrior, the things like that are dangerous in early game and often risk defeating them ends in gettin died)
    this is for myself
    Last edited by fir; 06-05-2015 at 04:32 PM.

as to ball lightning thats right, zap undefined wand and bah
    as to traps, in my highscore it is always stone block trap (quite often,
    though i usually played elves with no healing (and dam slow regeneration)
    so in early game this is common to pass bay on low hp (even max hp is often low for elves)

ball lightning
    Wands of ball-lightning, IIRC, comes just to unID names curved and wooden.

So as long as you not trying these [I think easy memorize rule is "don't zap boomerangs" or something alike] balllightning could be totally avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    when i check the highscore i see the various reasons of death, most reopeating is "stone block" trap, that often can kill me when i am even altready level 12 or so,..Other popular deaths is just get killed by some more tough monster in early game (ogre magus, lightning lizard. giant slug, ant warrior, the things like that are dangerous in early game and often risk defeating them ends in gettin died)
    this is for myself
    This is really interesting, and shows that you don't really need the annoying stone traps. You could just spawn more out of depth monsters instead of the traps to have the same level of challenge, but one where the outcome wasn't automatic random sudden death.

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    This is really interesting, and shows that you don't really need the annoying stone traps. You could just spawn more out of depth monsters instead of the traps to have the same level of challenge, but one where the outcome wasn't automatic random sudden death.
    I've had far less of those since I stopped with the bad habit of walking around with half hps.
    More or less, I shouldn't be below 90% hps otherwise do something about it.

I've had far less of those since I stopped with the bad habit of walking around with half hps.
    More or less, I shouldn't be below 90% hps otherwise do something about it.
    imposible in early game if you play an elf without healing (as i nearly always play) elves have the weaker regeneration - so if i want to heal i need
    to pray - if i found an altar it is possible but would need to get back to build up piety agaiin, if no i could only wait but it takes so long that i need realy massive food for that - so i need to get back to foodshop (only if i get a money)... I see it like that.. only those two options for elves with no healing in early game

anyway those stone block traps do exist probably more in only some dungeons, i dont remember which one, probably they differ in max damege in dungeon levels it would be handy to know this damege by location..
    - so the solution may be just spend sokme time in low danger places to level up

(((PS if so the logic says that i should carry the most food i can, eat anything in dungeon is eatable, then use the additional food to wait at least a little - as food is proportional to natural healing, but i am like doing that)))
    Last edited by fir; 06-05-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    seem like i didnt manage understand that...weak english..

Most deaths come from getting crit-shotted from some random monster that I honestly should of had no problem with
    (I mean seriously.... How are these Rats, Orcs, and Big Dogs Bypassing my armor so often?)

Recently, I've been playing quite a few Elves who've been falling to way too many Fireball traps.
    Doesn't help that I start out with less then 10 hp but I seam to run into a Trapped door every 2 doors..
    Yeah, Fireballs get me way more often then they should.

My most common death causes are:
    1. acute blood poisoning
    2. leaving Drakalor Chain to never come back (ragequit)
    3. executing myself with a lightning bolt (failing to figure out how the bolt would bounce)
    4. dying of blood loss

Almost all other of my hall of fame entries are just "killed by", with rare "roasted by", "drowned by" or "blasted with" mixed in. Choking on my own vomit is my favourite though.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk