Thread: Being Literate and still gain a potion of litaracy from Thrudarr

Default Being Literate and still gain a potion of litaracy from Thrudarr

Version of adom 1.2.0 pre 23 I am playing dark elven beastfighter. I have obtained a quest from a Thrundarr to slay a beast(not matter what beast) as the first quest to obtain the potion of literacy. I knew that reward for this quest will be a potion of literacy or something else(didn't know what). When I played the Adom I gained Literacy from eating the dark sage corpse. But still the reward of Thrundarr is Potion of Literacy no matter if you have the literacy skill or not.

Since I've asked the same I've learned that you need literacy at above 30-ish for inventory id otherwise you get potion of literacy.

I had Literacy skill above the 50. Than it not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bolverk View Post
    I had Literacy skill above the 50. Than it not the case.
    That sounds very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    That sounds very weird.
    I was recently suprised in opposite situation - with my he archer i didnt got it
    (i dont know the criterium for it) It was sad as in general I would prefer about +20 to literacy than simple blessed identification

I think you get it if Literacy is below 60.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

just yesterday, i had a literacy of exactly 50 and i got the artifact potion...

My ratling duelist used *blessed* potion of literacy and increased his Literacy skill from 23 to 33. This is definitely my new record low gain from it. Can anyone tell me how much (roughly) was it improved after http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1784 was implemented?
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk