Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which would be most hard char to stay alive in early game?

Default which would be most hard char to stay alive in early game?

I could treat it as a some kind of quest to pass by early game with most hard to play combination (excluding generation i mean i may try to reroll a strongers stats to begin with most weak combination)
    ?
    farmers? bards? which race? hurthlings are weak but good toughnes and regeneration, elves weak toughness but better regeneration.. i was not playin to much with weaker combination so im not sure.. for example hurthling bard is not so weak, there are probably weaker then that

how about mist elven beastfighter?

wow, i decided to play said MEBF and my 1st hit on me by a grat gave me disease...i evaded many hits on 1 hp and decided to spend some time on the road on the main map to get rid of my diesease and i suffered from one last major fever attack on 3 hp and lived lets see where this character goes...atleast he has literacy!!

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    how about mist elven beastfighter?
    why mist leven beastfighter? do beastfighters weak (never really played them)?

ps. some thinking suggest that weak should be something like farmer (like human farmers in terinyo), though depending on the view, some like bards could be yet weaker then farmers, maybe merchants

farmer > merchant > bard ?

as to race im not sure, hurthlings could eventually seem weakest but i dont think they are
    Last edited by fir; 06-06-2015 at 12:17 PM.

hmmm...mayb thieves are "bad" as well....though farmers suck balls as well!! btw, i found ironfist on my mist elf beast fighter in dwarftown shop

Ratling Merchant - Hurthling Mindcrafter

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    hmmm...mayb thieves are "bad" as well....though farmers suck balls as well!! btw, i found ironfist on my mist elf beast fighter in dwarftown shop
    Ooh I suppose they can't use those because made of iron? harsh times.

Ran a hoard of guinea pigs to smc yesterday and got to learn that rats can actually cause disease! Maybe To need to be lower than 10 or similar?
    Also noted with a dwarf (To22) that he didn't bother at all getting injured by those corpse fiends.

For SMC
    Thieves, merchants and farmers. As gnome, hurthling and human exp is also faster so monsters ramp up faster which reduce my chance of even reaching the stairs.
    I had an orc wizard with 5! learning, he didn't get very far. I didnt even try reading the books, maybe I should have ...
    Had a wizard with burning hands+fire bolt, dagger, 9 str no rocks cornered by hellhound and firebeetle. Firebeetles alone were murder.

I dump CK's but I had one generated random with both poison hands and mana battery, yuck.

edit:
    yes you can get abyssmal bards because of random skills and lack of defence, on top of that I'm not good at playing bard.
    Last edited by blunk; 06-06-2015 at 01:29 PM.

I'd say thief is probably the weakest class. Toughest pairings are probably high elf, mist elf, or ratling thief.

Farmers are quite good, actually, especially with the buffs to gardening and fletchery. I'd definitely put them above merchants, mindcrafters, blacksmiths, thieves. Maybe even above fighters and most bards.

Hurthlings are probably the second-best race behind drakes, though I think a case could be made for them being the best race.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Farmers are quite good, actually, especially with the buffs to gardening and fletchery. I'd definitely put them above merchants, mindcrafters, blacksmiths, thieves. Maybe even above fighters and most bards.
    Negative. Fighters have find weakness and useful class powers - they even get them relatively early.
    Thieves on the other hand have such a good heir item I sometimes play them instead of assassins.

As for the most difficult char to keep alive... I'm divided between a ratling and mist elf (ring) merchant. Merchant has no armor, average weapon, no combat skills, no healing, bad at magic, useless class powers and heir item. Ratling add almost no skills to the merchant set. Mist elves can't even wear all their rings if they start with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I'd say thief is probably the weakest class. Toughest pairings are probably high elf, mist elf, or ratling thief.

Hurthlings are probably the second-best race behind drakes, though I think a case could be made for them being the best race.
    what? farmers before fighters in being tough? fighters are esp tough and easy to play.. I would say probably troll fighter is maybe easiest combination in whole game. (not played more in any kind fighter but for example he and ge fighters are very strong, good DV making them almost no hittable)
    and also dwarwen fighter, less DV and more getting hit but good PV and also easy stert
    . weaponsmiths are also in general though and if they will find an forge the smithing skills really will make them probably walking tanks maybe even in early game.. (not testet to much playin weaponsmith but i know they are esp big strength and toughnes and i know power of smithing)

You mast be saying something another my question was i am asking specyficaly on early game like experience levels 1-15 (before reaching dwarftown), whoi is stronger later is other question, i got no idea