Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blink dog screw up

For precrowns and postcrowns, the gifts are decided at the exact point of the prayer, not sooner.
    If you can be pre/postcrowned, the gift will be determined just after the deity says "Mortal you should be rewarded for your perseverance."
    It doesn't matter if you're at "favors greatly" or extremely/absolutely close (pre/post crown), or even just very close but with sufficient piety.
    I am absolutely certain about that. In fact I can prove that.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    For precrowns and postcrowns, the gifts are decided at the exact point of the prayer, not sooner.
    If you can be pre/postcrowned, the gift will be determined just after the deity says "Mortal you should be rewarded for your perseverance."
    It doesn't matter if you're at "favors greatly" or extremely/absolutely close (pre/post crown), or even just very close but with sufficient piety.
    I am absolutely certain about that. In fact I can prove that.
    ok....lets assume the following...i am crowned and getting postcrowned. i am currently at 'favors greatly'. i save the game and back it up. i load save game and :-

(1) sacc money to get absolutely close and pray to get an artifact and note it down. i quit and reload backup game, sacc money to get absolutely close and pray to get an artifact.....can these 2 artifacts be different?

(2) sacc money to get absolutely close. i save the game and back it up. i load the newest save game and pray to get an artifact and note it down. i quit the game and reload newest save game and pray to get an artifact......must these 2 artifacts be the same?

(3) sacc money to get absolutely close. loose piety by not doing anything till it is reliably 'favors greatly' and save the game. i load the newest save game and sacc money to get absolutely close and pray to get an artifact and note it down. i quit the game and reload the newest save game and sacc money to get absolutely close and pray to get an artifact.......what can we say abt these 2 artifacts?

Good luck with this!!

The pre/post crowning gifts are determined randomly by the time you press '_' (and enters/spaces of course). So, unless you can type with microsecond precision, you can't influence what artifact you get in any way.

I took "favors greatly " and "absolutely close" as reference. The game saved the very same turn of the prayer (means reload and pray quit and repeat) gave always the same artifact over many attempts, so it seems that when you're ready to pray the gift is already decided, before press the key. Naturally can be that some art. are more easy to obtain for a class, so more attempts would have give something different, that would mean the decision is at the moment he speak to you, maybe very bad luck because the same game reloaded a couple of sacc before (means reload, get absolutely close and then pray) gave immediatly a different one, and many others over attempts. Sure the test should be done deeper, that was just the impression while scouting mechanics some time ago and can be wrong...

So to sum it up:

- crowning gift is fixed upon character creation, crowning occurs at absolutely close, you will always get the same artifact for the current r/c combination after reloading
    - precrowning and postcrowning gifts are not fixed, they are randomly selected from a pool of 21 artifacts (random subset of all artifacts available determined upon character creation)
    - precrowning occurs at extremely close, post crowning may occur at absolutely close and at extremely close (difference of extreme and non-extreme alignment)

It can happen that you get the same artifact twice in a row (after reloading) which is pure coincidence due to the limitation of the pre/post crowning artifact pool.
    Those artifacts will always be random and the pool is determined upon character creation.
    It doesn't matter what it says - absolutely/extremely/favored greatly or whatever, this has NO impact on the pre/post crowning gifts AT ALL.
    If you had the same artifact many times, you were crowned instead of pre/post crowned.
    Pre and post crown gifts are always random.

ALWAYS.

Oh, btw. I did test this *very* thoroughly, with several chars and that's where my conclusions stem from.
    I used cheat engine to generate insane amounts of gold for saccing and set PC level to 50 to get as many precrowns as possible.
    Nothing beats actual experience so here's where I'm sharing it.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 06-08-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post

It can happen that you get the same artifact twice in a row (after reloading) which is pure coincidence due to the limitation of the pre/post crowning artifact pool.
    Yeah I tried more than a couple of times, so that easily made me think wrong, but it can sure be pure coincidence, altought very strange...
    So maybe I take this opportunity, only to be sure: stuffs like black torc or the orbs are generated at moment of the message (when enemy dies) or immediatly when you generate the level?

P.S. thanks to your tip I manage to do a very easy final battle in my only win, before meet the forum I just collected hundreds of deaths, this game unspoiled is damn hard...

Gate Closer: Human Duelist
    Food for Worms: all of the others

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So maybe I take this opportunity, only to be sure: stuffs like black torc or the orbs are generated at moment of the message (when enemy dies) or immediatly when you generate the level?
    - Black torc and the orbs are generated immediately when you enter the level for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniqs View Post
    - Black torc and the orbs are generated immediately when you enter the level for the first time.
    Thanks, many times happens to find altars in DD where I could be pre or post crown and didn't know what to do with this black torc, I remember that every artifact generated make your level required higher. While for the crowning that doesn't matter, I understand. I go too soon for crown usually, would like to get pre-crown but always end that at the time I can pray alignement has changed to N= and never manage to get it, with not enough gold so soon. Maybe I should wait a bit for later in the game but when I see an altar I can't resist....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thanks, many times happens to find altars in DD where I could be pre or post crown and didn't know what to do with this black torc, I remember that every artifact generated make your level required higher. While for the crowning that doesn't matter, I understand. I go too soon for crown usually, would like to get pre-crown but always end that at the time I can pray alignement has changed to N= and never manage to get it, with not enough gold so soon. Maybe I should wait a bit for later in the game but when I see an altar I can't resist....
    when i go to DD7 black torc was not added to the list rising levels for precrowning im quite sure, i entered in DD7 though i dont encounter keethrax only saw come cat then go back and i do two precrownings at level 12 of exp, i probably could made third at 14, but i got no patience for this

when i go to DD7 black torc was not added to the list rising levels for precrowning im quite sure, i entered in DD7 though i dont encounter keethrax only saw come cat then go back and i do two precrownings at level 12 of exp, i probably could made third at 14, but i got no patience for this
    So which one?