Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: potion of attribute (minor idea)

Default potion of attribute (minor idea)

I recently got one thought that is small but imo interesting,
    I think if adom get a potion of atribute that when drunk allow you to choice which attribute you would get, +1/+2 (is it St or Dx or To etc)

it would allow to build you more personalized character on your own
    (if to invest in St o Dx or To etc) instead of mostly random stuff you get here and you got no control on
    I think it is at least partially good minor idea

Potions of rise stats (also corpses are fun when working) wonder if it would be better for example instead of +2 for blessed do random +1d3 for player to be happy when get +3
    Last edited by fir; 06-12-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Next, replace the stupid scrolls of increase melee damage, accuracy, protection and defense with single scroll of enchant defense/protection, which allows you to CHOOSE the item in question...

PS. I encourage to pust some concrete ADOM grow up ideas..it could be fun to reconsider (as adom is damn good game doeasnt meen it could be 3 times richer and better)

How do you see this as being any different from ordinary potions of toughness?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    PS. I encourage to pust some concrete ADOM grow up ideas..it could be fun to reconsider (as adom is damn good game doeasnt meen it could be 3 times richer and better)
    What sense does it make to completely undress when reading scrolls of protection? If you can simply choose an item to uncurse, why can't you choose a target for scroll of protection?

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    How do you see this as being any different from ordinary potions of toughness?
    with toughnes you increasa toughness and you have no option to 'direct' your character body growth, with such chosen atribute players could lead characters to grow tough or dex or perception etc
    (as to perception it could have more impact on to hit imo, esp for missile attacks)

Quote Originally Posted by fir View Post
    with toughnes you increasa toughness and you have no option to 'direct' your character body growth, with such chosen atribute players could lead characters to grow tough or dex or perception etc
    (as to perception it could have more impact on to hit imo, esp for missile attacks)
    I mean that if such potions existed, the only thing that they would ever get used for is increasing toughness. Because toughness is the most important stat by a huge margin.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I mean that if such potions existed, the only thing that they would ever get used for is increasing toughness. Because toughness is the most important stat by a huge margin.
    Good point. However, I like fir's idea, and I think that it's a very worthwhile point that pcs become more and more homogenous as the game goes on.

Am I hearing that people actually drink potions of gain attributes without blessing them first?

I personally would invest in strength mostly, other maybe in dexterity,, i dont belive everyone would rise touhness... SOme stats are underpovered though, if to hit would depend heavily on Pe perception would be more important and that would be good..(though thats whole another story)

also a good change would be make potions of boost (toughness etc) workk a bit different maybe, It should imo work maybe much longer and incrase and decrease much slower/longer, like hour of realtame gameplay, like 15 minut of increase from +0 to +2 then half an hour of playin then next 15 minutes to dectrease of +0 again
    Last edited by fir; 06-13-2015 at 07:45 AM.