Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Best r/c combo for ultra ending?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniqs View Post
    Am I mistaken again or does the probability of getting a RoDS from exdipping is higher in 1.2.0?
    Well, per ring prob is same. But since some version [prior p23] each ring in stack is transformed individually so chance per pot is way higher.

In other words in 1.1.1 you had little chance of getting nice stack of djinni rings, now assuming big enough stack chance to get some djinni rings are lot of better.
    Problem is naturally having enough rings to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Since a is prob of getting wish and c is prob of getting resip there is no need to change anything.

If i changed it would calculate chance of pool drying before any wish is obtained.
    Oh, I see, you then subtracted from 1... So that's probably ok.

Read a bit more,in particular of someone suggesting unifying rings via pots of raw chaos.

For record you can use these pots at DL1[like d1 so to avoid generating water] to polymorph other pots [there is topic on wiki on that in detail].

Since undesired results can be turned in raw chaos pots again, basically one potion is wasted per polymorph attempt.
    I did testing some time ago and got 27 PoEx [also 27 PoGA] out of 500 healing potions polymorphed - although I used potions of exchange for polymorphing to get things done faster.

That is around 5% or something like 20 polymorphed potions produce one exchange pot on average.
    There 9 lv1 rings [although distribution is not uniform resistance rings are like 2.5-3x more common than brass/wedding]. plus you know blessed ones [you can bless stack to match these but that water could have been another raw chaos potion] + unmatching defense/protection ones.

Overall under realistic conditions I think it is better to use raw chaos in attempt to generate more exchange potions.

Assuming one can scrap at least 5 ring stack,chances for exchange are something like 1-(19/20)^5= [IIRC, RoDs chance is 5% at correct DL which allows to cut off higher DL rings] ~22.6%.
    Which translates at arround 1% per potion use in raw chaos alchemy, so 100+ spare pots should give very good chance at getting wish [assuming having enough rings].

So returning to starting topic I think best r/c combo is one without detect item status as high det status skill can cause some problems in potion polymorphing [without it one can always seperate huge pile of raw chaos pots via droping some of these on altar].

In more nutshell -- merchants, priests and ratlings are ultra-deficient choice.

So returning to starting topic I think best r/c combo is one without detect item status as high det status skill can cause some problems in potion polymorphing [without it one can always seperate huge pile of raw chaos pots via droping some of these on altar].

In more nutshell -- merchants, priests and ratlings are ultra-deficient choice.
    Can you run this one by me again? I'm confused what Detect Item Status has to do with anything.

If anything, a Priest would be a top choice for your strategy, since it has the highest chance to get a Healing spell, enough Le and PP to learn and cast it and a musical instrument to tame some companion. Otherwise where exactly are you planning to get your 500 healing pots?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Can you run this one by me again? I'm confused what Detect Item Status has to do with anything.
    I will try:

If you have huge heap of raw chaos potions [uncursed ones from original potions of whatever (not necessary healing) or cursed ones due transforming undesired results] you can't dip cause choosing stack for dipping removes it from options as material in which to be dipped in.

Common remedy is just drop half stack on altar so it is split into one with known status and unknown.
    Of course one can just drop half cursed stack and use scroll of uncursing [ending with cursed heap is more common in my experience], but is obviously bloody waste of resources.

Keep in mind that i strongly advise against using pots of healing for raw chaos tricks.

I will try:

If you have huge heap of raw chaos potions [uncursed ones from original potions of whatever (not necessary healing) or cursed ones due transforming undesired results] you can't dip cause choosing stack for dipping removes it from options as material in which to be dipped in.

Common remedy is just drop half stack on altar so it is split into one with known status and unknown.
    Of course one can just drop half cursed stack and use scroll of uncursing [ending with cursed heap is more common in my experience], but is obviously bloody waste of resources.

Keep in mind that i strongly advise against using pots of healing for raw chaos tricks.
    Oh, I get it now.
    I loaded ADOM for quick test and my idea about inscriptions doesn't work unfortunately:
    1) drop half pots
    2) inscribe remaining with tag "AAA"
    3) drop "AAA" stack
    4) pick up the other stack
    5) inscribe it with tag "BBB"
    6) pick up stack "AAA"
    7) find that stack "AAA" inscription disappeared and got merged into one stack tagged "BBB"

Oh well.

Well, you get extra healing from Jharod (DL2), so it should be mostly harmless (aside from the occasional minor corruption from spilling).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

There is no need to worry about that, there is a workaround. You can equip one potion in your melee slot. That way you can always dip single potions into each other (any alignment).

See also http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...ighlight=chaos
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.