Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to get out of here..

Default I want to get out of here..

This one is new to me...I got this "trapped" leather armor, WHY THIS? This one make the pair with the joke of Thrundarr (rewarding you with that blessed armor..of hate, sure that you will wear it just outside the shop). Wiki says that it can only be destroyed, to hope for scrolls of item destruction when you need it is too much, so naturally no one in the backpack.
    I think the safest way could be gods-rage (wiki again says "extremely upset deity can turn to dust your inventory"), but I'm so close to be crowned (L+) that don't want to lose piety, can I do it with a different altar? I have a couple of black altars on the way, can I get something out of those? Or maybe some kind of exploding trap is better?

This Dwarven Paladin guy had a very difficult life from the beginning, no matter how much you are strong or your god is strong, the only god that rules is the RNG...everything that could be wrong goes wrong, worst dungeons layout I can remember for long, not to mention that it was a very "treasure hunt" (very long story) to find two Scrolls of Tp to get the ring of ice..just to discover that L characters got something else...after this trapped armor I'm planning to make him stop suffering, a last dive in the Pirana lake....

You're lucky that itīs leather and not a higher metal mail armor. There are a few ways to get rid of it. Spending a couple of turns at the entrance of the tower of eternal flames is one way (but slightly risky because you might be greeted by a strong monster). Showering under an acid trap can work, too.

Potions of exchange work as well, but it's a bit of a waste of the potion.

Oh and yeah, an unaligned altar could work too. Be sure to leave all other equipment behind, in case the angry deity will curse your stuff instead of dusting it.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 06-22-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

As far as I know, scrolls of destruction only destroy items in inventory, not worn items.
    At least they do that for me every damn time.
    They are totally useless, even more harmful than scrolls of amnesia.

Your best bet is to get acid resistance or immunity, unequip and drop all items safely away and repeatedly activate acid traps.
    Giant Slugs also breathe acid frequently and destroy equipment with a startling efficiency.
    Their spawn rate is quite high in DD:7.

EDIT: About the tower grobblewobble mentioned, you could try alchemy fireballs as they damage inventory as well.
    You will need fire resistance/immunity though but at least you can do it anywhere, like wilderness where you are safe from any potential monster threats.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This one is new to me...I got this "trapped" leather armor, WHY THIS? This one make the pair with the joke of Thrundarr (rewarding you with that blessed armor..of hate, sure that you will wear it just outside the shop). Wiki says that it can only be destroyed, to hope for scrolls of item destruction when you need it is too much, so naturally no one in the backpack.
    I think the safest way could be gods-rage (wiki again says "extremely upset deity can turn to dust your inventory"), but I'm so close to be crowned (L+) that don't want to lose piety, can I do it with a different altar? I have a couple of black altars on the way, can I get something out of those? Or maybe some kind of exploding trap is better?

This Dwarven Paladin guy had a very difficult life from the beginning, no matter how much you are strong or your god is strong, the only god that rules is the RNG...everything that could be wrong goes wrong, worst dungeons layout I can remember for long, not to mention that it was a very "treasure hunt" (very long story) to find two Scrolls of Tp to get the ring of ice..just to discover that L characters got something else...after this trapped armor I'm planning to make him stop suffering, a last dive in the Pirana lake....
    I've managed to deal with this in two ways.

First: Scroll of item destruction.
    For this to work you need to wear 4 items (don't ask me why), which means you have a 25% chance of destroying correct worn item.

Second: Acid traps, I walked over to Pyramids, dropped all items on the spot next to me and began activating trap.
    I actually managed to make one or two traps run out of juice before I was successful.

After dealing with this crap I never equip id body armour when I'm as far as dwarf town and I try not too with leathers and similiar in the early game unless desperate for armours.

Are eyes of destruction/annihilators any good? I may have answered my own question since I had no success with an eye of destruction once but maybe someone has had a different experience? I think once you meet a certain condition (level? stat?) you become immune to the destruction effects...

yes eyes of destruction are very good....just make sure to remove all other worn items b4 aggroing them....i have removed many pieces of armor this way! annihilators are very dangerous to engage naked...so i wont recommend them!

Eyes of destruction and annihilators are perfect... if you can find them.
    Those aren't particularly common monsters and thus unreliable.
    Annihaltors hit rather hard and have multiple attacks. Also they are pretty high DL monsters so not always possible to find.

Characters don't become immune to destruction effects, as in ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Eyes of destruction and annihilators are perfect... if you can find them.
    Those aren't particularly common monsters and thus unreliable.
    Annihaltors hit rather hard and have multiple attacks. Also they are pretty high DL monsters so not always possible to find.

I can just picture someone completing all the quests to enter the stone circle just to get an armour destroyed by a guaranteed annhiliator. Tragic comedy.

Characters don't become immune to destruction effects, as in ever.
    That's odd, I swear I waited hundreds of turns for the eye of destruction to do its thing. I still believe it's so, or else it can reach an extremely low chance, much as you can become immune to master swordsmen/ratling duelists' disarm when above a certain weapon skill.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    I can just picture someone completing all the quests to enter the stone circle just to get an armour destroyed by a guaranteed annhiliator. Tragic comedy.

That's odd, I swear I waited hundreds of turns for the eye of destruction to do its thing. I still believe it's so, or else it can reach an extremely low chance, much as you can become immune to master swordsmen/ratling duelists' disarm when above a certain weapon skill.
    Chance are probably less likely with luck/fate smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    Two characters ago I had some D:50 chaos wizard-summoned annihilators grab my stack of 250 spenseweed and annihilate them.
    Another time my level 35-ish monk had his eternium two-hander eaten by an eye of destruction while clearing earth temple.