Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lithium for dummies

hmmm...d50 is gonna be tricky. if you have wands of destruction, i will recommend that. if you have it do the following..try to dig to the bottom side of the map....be perma invis and clear the bottom side entirely (this will include killing the balor) ...then go back and dig the upper side of the map and merely swap with every1, handle the lever, use wand of destruction, tp bot handle the lever, read scrolls of power, use wand of destruction (healing as and when required ofc..), tp to the stairs, gtfo, win, post on this thread, profit

No wand of destruction, so I had to use monster and door creation. Balors are not so bad, there is big difference between lvl 28 and 19 , but I did not want to face greater variety. And of course I had to choose wrong staircase and exit via darkforge .

Code:

^^^^^
                                                                           ^^^@.^
                                                      ^===               ^^^*..^^
                                 &&o&&&      ~~~~~&&&========="""""""&&^~^^^^.^^
                                ^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&==""""""""""&&~~~^....^
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&""""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
                                ^^*^"""""""""""""""""""=="""""""""&&&&&&&&&&^^
                   ^^^^^     ^^^^^^""""""""""""""""""""=""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&~
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=="""""&&&&&
                  ~~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......^^^^=="""""
                  """""""""""""""""&&&&&&
                   """""""""""""&&&&&&&&
                   """"""""""""&&&&&&&&
                   """""""""""&&&&&&&&
                    &&&&&&&&&&&^^^*^^^
                     &&&&&&&^^^^^^^^^
                                 ^^^

Hahaha        St:25  Le:22  Wi:26  Dx:16  To:25  Ch: 1  Ap: 8  Ma:13  Pe:10 N=
    DV/PV:118/33     H:396(396)    P:113(113)    Exp: 30/6099848    DrCh  M: 48699
    Blessed Hungry Coward

Lithium is definitely one of my favorite ways to play the game :-) So far I succeded with a raven-born dark elven priestess, a sword-born orcish barbarian and a book-born dark elven wizard. I really love to play the whole early game in the CoC, having to handle all challenges with alot less ressources. Also the elemental temples can get really thrilling during this kind of challenge if you lack some particular important item (mana temple without -deth etc.). The tower is always a special challenge since you just don't have the chance to retreat, build up a little more and then come back. Once you leave the caverns, you have to do it, no matter what. Aaaah, maybe I'm gonna start a Lithium run right now x-D
    Last edited by GordonOverkill; 06-27-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by GordonOverkill View Post
    mana temple without -deth etc.
    Nice, nice.

Lithium can be dealt with, if you make it to DH, and read a SoFS. Pet will smash all the threats you encounter. Possible problems are: non-fire immune pets will go mad in ToEF, no pet can cross D:49. IMHO, casters are more suitable for pet masters, not melee fighters.

Currently in a run with a drakish beastfighter. Someone said DH doesn't generate nasty things upon entering, but the threaten room of titans disagreed with that.

I precrowned with True Aim, though. I killed them all. Only almost died 4 times (3hp, 30hp, 45hp and 1hp). Gained 4 levels while doing it. ToEF was surprisingly easy, but I fear corruption will become a main factor. I only have one pocc, the mystic only gave me a PoGA and I let khelly die after spending a bazillion turns in the big room.

I have to say that getting an altar generated in D:8 right next to the big room was a godsend. Neutral crownings take so much time otherwise..